Foxtel

Foxtel second quarter 2023/24 financial year results

As of December 31, 2023, Foxtel’s total closing paid subscribers were over 4.3 million, flat compared to the prior year, as growth in streaming subscribers driven by Kayo and Binge was offset by fewer residential broadcast subscribers.

Broadcast subscriber churn in the quarter was flat compared to the prior year at 12.9%, despite the completion of Foxtel’s migration project of subscribers off cable. Broadcast ARPU for the quarter increased 3% year-over-year to A$86 (US$56).

From

1 Like

How long have Lifestyle Food and Lifestyle Home been in HD?

1 Like

Since 7 Feb

2 Likes

More great news on the eve of a massive price rise (well maybe not the first one)

On 25 February 2024 the TBN Inspire channel (ch. 183) will close.

On 29 February 2024, the Movies Thriller channel (ch.477 HD / ch. 407 SD) will close. A large selection of Thriller Movies will still be available to stream on demand, or watch on our other dedicated movies channels; Movies Action, Movies Drama and Movies Greats.
In addition the SciFi channel (ch.116 HD/ch. 282 SD) will also close on 29 February 2024.

1 Like

Why don’t they just admit that the Foxtel name is dead and it is now Hubbl
?

1 Like

The value for money is certainly gone with Foxtel now with channel closed, loss of content and price increases. There is hardly anything good left on Foxtel. Never the same since Disney pulled the Fox animation content.

2 Likes

Oh, Jesus Christ, that means it’ll such a sad day for sci-fi geeks.

1 Like

Just FYI the removal of these channels was announced the other week when the pricing changes were mentioned.

4 Likes

i remember when it was called sf we are sifi in 2012

1 Like

True, but Foxtel hadn’t acknowledged it at the time

1 Like

ESPN’s content has degraded too and they have dumbed down their NBA coverage with Australian pre-game shows. Made me bought NBA League Pass. Their NHL coverage is minimal and the same ads all the time.

1 Like

You do remember watching the promo for it which is lot more cooler?

true i do Foxtel removing it a shame

The content proposition and price point are incongruent now. The service is getting worse and worse for more money. There are hardly any linear channels. They’ve shoved everything into streaming.

You only wonder how long until they go bankrupt.

3 Likes

I’m guessing that is the plan.

Viewers are migrating from linear channels to on demand.

Foxtel is slowly but surely going with that migration

In 5+ years foxtel will go away it will be binge

Will they rename Binge to Foxtel I wonder?

Absolutely not, they would likely retain Foxtel as the group name as they do now but BINGE is far too established and somewhat removed from the Foxtel brand that they would be crazy to do that.

4 Likes

Seems that Foxtel apps are down this morning - Foxtel Go and Now

Edit seems to be working now.

2 Likes

The free event will be shown on Foxtel channel 144 (the WWE channel) and on-demand on Binge.

1 Like
4 Likes