Fox Sports

I believe they’re only ATP 1000 events (known to many by it’s previous Masters Series name) and the end of year championships that ESPN cover. Perhaps they’re trying to get access to some of the 500 events as well.

ESPN has rights to 1000 and 500 events. Fox Sports already show some of the 250 events (QF onwards)

Fox Footy atm has the SD version of the watermark, the version without the HD in the yellow box. I think they should remove the HD part and put the No Ad Breaks underneath, would look less cluttered. They should then just use the HD box for non-live programming.

Just recently got foxtel sports. There football panel shows are fantastic and don’t centre on the Victorian sides like sevens and nines do. The showdown was discussed tonight for nearly 10 minutes and at the beginning.

1 Like

How have you lived without Fox Sports this long??

It is like chalk and cheese compared with Seven’s lowest common denominator coverage. You pay a premium for sure, but for AFL fans it is worth every cent.

Because I am against paying for something that should be free. But I think its worth it.

1 Like

I spent more then the $60 odd dollars it costs me to have sport in HD at the footy the other night - I see it as a reasonable investment

Pretty brave Jason Taylor being on the foxsports panel for the tigers vs north qld game. Id thought he would want a few weeks off.

1 Like

Watching highlights of tonight’s A-League clash between Melbourne Victory and Central Coast Mariners, I notice Fox Sports has introduced virtual advertising on both ends of the pitch. Normally large signs of major sponsors are laid on the field just behind the goal line.

To be perfectly honest I feel the virtual advertising is cheap and nasty compared to having the actual logos painted/pinned to the ground. Also leads to rapid cuts in the direction which probably detracts from the overall coverage.

1 Like

they have been doing this during the super rugby all season as well

##fox SPORTS AND BASKETBALL AUSTRALIA ENTER NEW PARTNERSHIP TO BROADCAST WNBL

FOX SPORTS TO PROVIDE STRATEGIC SUPPORT FOR WNBL IN GROUND-BREAKING PARTNERSHIP

WOMEN’S BASKETBALL RETURNS TO TV SCREENS BEGINNING THIS SEASON

THREE-YEAR ARRANGEMENT WILL SEE A MINIMUM OF ONE GAME BROADCAST LIVE EACH WEEK PLUS FINALS

REVAMPED SEASON TO RUN FROM OCTOBER TO JANUARY

FOX SPORTS and Basketball Australia today confirmed a new three-year partnership which will put women’s basketball back on national television.

Launching in time for the 2017-18 season, the arrangement will see a minimum of one game per week, plus every Finals match, broadcast LIVE on FOX SPORTS through to 2019-20.

The new look competition will run from October to January culminating with a best of 3 Semi and Grand Final Series.

FOX SPORTS will work with Basketball Australia over the coming months to finalise the scheduling of the weekly broadcast.

The ground breaking partnership will bring together representatives from across FOX SPORTS who will work with Basketball Australia to develop and implement a strategy to increase the visibility and sustainability of the WNBL.

This will involve developing commercial models and sponsorship packages, marketing and publicity support, along with helping the league build community initiatives and grow crowd attendance and club memberships.

FOX SPORTS CEO, Patrick Delany, said, “The WNBL is the longest running elite female competition in the country. It features incredible athletes, who are strong and fierce competitors. For too long the league has been invisible with no broadcast partner.

“Today’s announcement will ensure that fans around the country will be able to watch these athletes live in action.

“This isn’t just another broadcast deal; it’s a partnership. We are invested in making a difference, and putting women’s basketball in Australia back on the map,” Mr Delany said.

Head of the WNBL, Sally Phillips, said, “It’s a great day for the WNBL and we are thrilled to be entering into this partnership with Fox Sports. As someone who has been involved with the WNBL as a player and administrator over the past 27 years, this announcement is truly amazing. I love this game and I am so excited that our Clubs and our Athletes will be back in the spotlight receiving the recognition and respect they deserve.”

“The WNBL is globally elite and a broadcast partnership provides us with a vital perception piece and communication platform for our sport that has been missing over the past two seasons. I’m so happy for our fans that have missed tuning in each week, we’re back!

“We are truly grateful for the huge leap of faith Fox Sports have taken in partnering with the WNBL for the next three years. The biggest names in Australian basketball are signing on to play in the upcoming season so fans will be exposed to what is recognised as some of the best women’s basketball in the world. There is no better time than now for Corporate Australia to capitalise on the support being shown for women’s sport and take a leap like Fox Sports have and get behind the WNBL.”

It’s great that WNBL is returning to TV, but why bury the announcement on the evening of Anzac Day?

Well because like everything basketball related no one in Australia gives two fucks about it.

4 Likes

Brendon Speed co commentating with Sandy Roberts in the footy after calling the NRL the other day

1 Like

And now calling the A League semi final tonight! Very versatile

As posted in Sky News thread, Fox Sports News will be produced by Sky News and staff will move to Sky News headquarters at Macquarie Park. The move is expected to be completed within the next three months.

Would Fox Sports shows like for example, The Back Page also move to Sky News headquarters?

I think with it only being FSN moving and back page being on FS501 its most likely to stay at the Fox Sports studios, the only show i think may move would be Bill & Boz as they are on Fox Sports News.

With this change Fox Sports News can show 20 hours live a day instead of 8 hours. According to the Australian.