Fox Sports

I was wrong on this one. The second test is shown on Fox Sports 503 today instead of Fox Sports More. The latter is being used to show live surfing and the ODI between NZ and South Africa on massive delay.

Brett Lee and Matthew Hayden have joined the commentary team for the 2nd test with Warnie leaving.

Should’ve used FSN for one of the live matches that takes the least time. One of those rare days where there is more live sport than channels. eg: one of the AFL matches.

they had the same at the reds v sharks game at suncorp as well. was odd seeing these massive bits of advertisng on the screen when they were not there in reality

Gary Burns quits FOX Sports
EXCLUSIVE: FOX Sports Head of Sports Entertainment Gary Burns has quit suddenly, after 5 years with the sports platform

Wow!! That is a shock. I wonder what happened?!

Yeah very surprising.

Still no “10m” line for the NRL…

If anyone wants to listen to the Fox Sports More+ music loop :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

The Sunday Telegraph says Brenton Speed will create broadcasting history by commentating three different sports on one weekend next month.
Friday April 7: A-League: Melbourne City v Adelaide
Saturday April 8: AFL: North Melbourne v GWS in Hobart
Sunday April 9: NRL: Melbourne v Cronulla

Hasn’t quite trumped Joe Buck (US Fox, equivalent of Bruce, son of legendary Jack) who in one day called a 49ers NFL home game in the national window, then dashed across town to call a World Series game involving the Giants a few years ago. Whilst race callers may have done different codes of racing in the one day (e.g. Gallops in the afternoon, harness at night) I’m struggling to think if anyone in Australia has called 2 sports in the one day, particularly when one of those is of the magnitude of the World Series.

I’d reckon a lot of ABC radio commentators would have done that. One I recall recently was Quentin Hull doing A League at night and Brisbane International Tennis during the day back in January.

Fox Sports 506 is running all F1 all week until sunday night. they are running classic races and season reviews all week, and replays of the sessons in melbourne in the evenings.

mate at fox sports says that fox are trying to do a deal with Tennis Australia.
all the ATP and pop up channels for majors

1 Like

ESPN has the rights to most ATP tournaments outside Australia doesn’t it? If Fox Sports does come to a deal with Tennis Australia it will only cover the warm up tournaments leading to the Australian Open.

BeIN Sports has the rights to all WTA and the Davis Cup

According to TV Tonight, many Foxtel subscribers were angry at extended long ad breaks during Fox Sports’ live F1 telecast yesterday, forcing Fox Sports to issue a video statement. It said as part of broadcast deal with Ten, it had to take pictures from Ten which also included the ads, however during ad breaks Fox Sports went to split screen mode so fans would not miss a second of the action. As Fox Sports takes commentary from Sky Sports UK, the ad breaks would cut off commentators mid sentence.

How? ESPN has rights tied up with ATP till 2020 I think and BEIN with WTA till 2019 at least. And TA wouldn’t have anything to do with these rights. Weird.

1 Like

Does FOX show ads during AFL matches that are on Seven between goals?

No