Fox League

Hannah Hollis gave birth to a girl named Olivia during NRL Grand Final week in late September, according to Phil Rothfield in The Sunday Telegraph.

1 Like

FOX taking the world feed tonight, no direct pre-game from Australia. Jenna Brooks (from SKY) hosting with Triple M pundit James Graham.

2 Likes

According to The Sunday Telegraph’s Phil Rothfield, Fox League has signed Rabbitohs star Latrell Mitchell to play a role on the network’s NRL coverage next season. Phil writes that boxing promoter and Latrell’s agent Matt Rose has been in talks with Fox Sports executive director Steve Crawley for several months. There is no specific role at this stage, but Crawley says that Mitchell will work at areas “where he’s most comfortable”.

3 Likes

Sky NZ is re-airing those commentary dubs Fox League did in the early days of Covid lockdowns etc. What a time that was.

2 Likes

Goodness me. Why are they rolling those out?

No idea. Even funnier was the place I saw it was at a pub with the sound on. Truly a horrifying experience.

1 Like

Fox League set to showcase new-look NRL pre-season challenge

All pre-season games – including the World Club Challenge (WCC) – are live and exclusive on Fox League, available on Foxtel and Kayo Sports

$200k prize pool up for grabs

Fixtures include double-headers, regional clashes and NZ-based matches

Fox League will be the exclusive home of a new-look NRL pre-season competition consisting of 18 matches over two weeks and featuring international Super League champions St Helens.

The exciting new format will kick off live and exclusive on Fox League from Thursday, February 9 and will be available on Foxtel and Kayo Sports.

The 18 teams – including the newly introduced The Dolphins and touring English Super League Champions St Helens – will be fighting it out for $100,000 in prize money.

A points structure will determine the Pre-Season Championship teams will earn points for wins, draws and losses and bonus points can also be won for consecutive tries, line breaks or offloads.

Fox League expert commentary team will be returning to call the new look pre-season challenge format with an unrivalled talent line-up including Cooper Cronk, Braith Anasta, Mick Ennis, and Gorden Tallis as well as many more.

The first match of the 2023 NRL Pre-Season Challenge begins on Thursday, February 9, with the New Zealand Warriors taking on the West Tigers at 6pm (AEDT) live and exclusive on Fox Sports, available on Foxtel and Kayo Sports.

The tournament will culminate with the reigning Premiers, the Penrith Panthers hosting St Helens. The stakes will be higher than ever, with the winning team from this match walking away with $100k in a blockbuster World Club Challenge (WCC) on Saturday, 18 February.

Kayo Minis’ is available for every game, of the Pre-season NRL Challenge competition fans can replay the best moments of selected game content.

4 Likes

According to The Sunday Telegraph’s Phil Rothfield, Parramatta star Tiana Penitani has joined Fox Sports’ commentary team for the upcoming NRLW season. She will feature on match day coverage for games not involving the Eels.

2 Likes

3 Likes
2 Likes

Half time at at the Knights/Dolphins game so they interview… a Rabbitohs player?

3 Likes

Well, they couldn’t really interview a Knights or Dolphins player as they’d be in the sheds getting instructions from the coaches.

But Souths vs Roosters is a cracker coming up next with kick off still over an hour away.

2 Likes

Yeah it’s all about the forward sell to the next game. Still had a fair bit of time for analysis. And Latrell is on the Fox League books.

1 Like

Pretty standard for Fox to use half time to sneak in an interview of a player from the upcoming game.

Radio is similar. ABC usually crosses to the next commentary team for a preview and team news at half time. 2GB does the same during their Saturday double-header.

3 Likes

Obviously going to come across sexist but both Fox League and Nine need to just calm down on introducing too many female commentators. This woman on the panel on the Sunday Ticket hasn’t yet spoken. It’s been like 33 minutes. It’s not a criticism of her, rather Fox League for putting these woman on and saying their promoting women in the game despite those woman not having adequate media skills and/or enough understanding of the men’s game to be able to provide an insight worthy of someone paying a subscription to Foxtel/Kayo.

As for Nine, they had Millie Boyle on last week who fumbled her way through a live cross, repeating what others said and then reciting notes of a prepared script. Hardly expert insight and analysis.

Annnnd before you attack me, there are some great female commentators ie Alana Ferguson, Lara Pitt etc.

I just believe that in an attempt to promote women in the sport, these media organisations are rushing people to air that probably shouldn’t be.

Who was that?
I do agree that some haven’t seemingly been media trained properly.

I remember when Johnathon Thurston was a player, when he was being interviewed , he could barely string two words together, but with media training, he is much better on camera nowadays.

1 Like

They rushed Blocker Roach to air at some point and he never left.

3 Likes

Blocker’s OK, I don’t mind him.

Her name is Tiana Penitana and she’s a centre for the Parramatta Eels. She use to host “That Pacific Sports Show” on the ABC with former Wests Tigers player Dene Halatau.
She hosted that show in 2021.

3 Likes

What’s with the red Fox footy like watermark?

1 Like