Fox League

We don’t need the kiwi commentators. They are diabolical. Can barely understand them. Talk endless shit about the warriors. Sound like they’re being choked when they call.

I very much doubt that since Fox use Australian commentators to call NZ games off the TV.

They should definitely get rid of Nable though (and I think they have considering he didn’t do the last few weeks of the regular season or finals.

They might bring in Graham Hughes considering he called a couple of games in the backend of last season.

Ping @OnAir

I loved it when Voss came over for the Sky Games.

It appears as the Trans Tasman Test - Kiwis v Kangaroos for Saturday evening will also be shown LIVE on Fox League. Last year, the Trans Tasman Test was exclusive to Nine, but this year with the new broadcast rights deal, they are shared with Fox.

1 Like

Well they are from NEW ZEALAND broadcasting to a NEW ZEALAND audience of which 90% would be NEW ZEALAND warriors supporters.

i watched this on sport-24 on a cruise ship. they took 9’s commentary with rabs and the guys

But then fox used the nz callers for the test match. maybe to diifrante from nine, i suppsoe.

I would argue that since Fox used their own commentators to call Warriors games this year, carrying Sky’s feed on Saturday was done out of laziness

So… Nine had he test match with Matt Thompson, Phil Gould, etc, while Fox had the same match, but with Glen Larmer and Daryl Halligan calling the match.

Buzz Rothfield was complaining about the nz callers as well on Monday.

How many teams Fox will use for the Magic weekend?

I reckon there will be 2 teams, and they will alternate.

Wouldn’t surprise me to see a third team for the Saturday.

1 Like

Wests Tigers legend Benji Marshall is returning to Fox Sports next year after a stint at Channel 9. He’ll be doing NRL 360 and some game day commentary, according to What’s The Buzz

2 Likes

This live European Championship match has the biggest score bug I have ever seen.

3 Likes

Whoa.

Created by someone from the WIN School of Watermarks, based in the Caribbean, of course.

1 Like

I don’t think they were expecting Fox League to stick their logo in that spot. To be honest, the broadcaster is only worried about their domestic audience, not some pay TV channel in Australia.

2 Likes

Matthew Johns, who quit Triple M Sydney’s Grill Team last week, has agreed to a new five-year deal with Fox Sports, said to be worth $5 million.
https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/television-kingpin-matthew-johns-signs-new-fiveyear-deal-with-fox-sports/news-story/2e4d33ab448c3ac5fdfb0caf88bc4953

1 Like