Fox Cricket

Has anyone seen the smoke in Hobart this afternoon… Thought something was wrong with my television… and there has been a few fox “break in transmission” errors too

Having a BBL game at 3pm on a Tuesday workday (and no longer school holidays for one of the teams involved) is up there with the dumbest sport scheduling decisions I’ve seen.

3 Likes

Try living here, been like it for the best part of a month.

It was a 4pm start locally.

1 Like

Noticed it on the TV when I watched too and a few friends said it wasn’t too bad at ground level but also that it had become pretty bad just before the game started as the wind funneled it down the Derwent. Saw a lot of friends post pics to FB as well showing the Eastern Shore completely disappeared.

During a one day match between SA v Pakistan, they had the countdown clock to Start of 2nd Test between Australia v Sri Lanka at Manuka Oval, Canberra. Apologies for the smallness of the graphics as I took that photo outside of the bar

2 Likes

This evening’s BBL match between the Strikers and the Heat has gone overtime, overlapping with the late game between the Scorchers and the Stars which began at 9.15pm AEDT. Looks like Fox Cricket is sticking with the final overs of Strikers-Heat clash and starting its coverage of Scorchers-Stars match on another channel before moving back to Fox Cricket.
That’s the danger with doubleheaders when matches occasionally overlap. When Ten had the BBL rights and aired the doubleheaders, match officials would wait for the first match to conclude before allowing play to begin for the second match. Why didn’t it happen this summer?

1 Like

it’s a pretty shitty move to make the fans at the 2nd game wait around for the game they paid good money to see to start. I think it’s a great move by Fox to just let the 2nd game start on time.

1 Like

The reason they didn’t wait is because the 7 was the host broadcaster for that game. Fox was the host broadcaster for the strikers game.

As far as I know the start of the game wasn’t shown on another channel (or at least viewers on Fox Cricket weren’t informed of such). They flicked between the two games during the last few deliveries of the match in Adelaide before joining coverage in Perth at the start of the third over.

1 Like

That’s not very ideal, especially with CA possibly scheduling more BBL doubleheaders next season to reduce the season length. It could happen again if Fox is host broadcaster of one match and Seven is host broadcaster of another.

2 Likes

Kayo showed the beginning of the match in a separate stream

Due to the early finish in the NZ vs BAN ODI on FOX Cricket 501, the Test between SAF and SRI was on BOTH 501 and 503 for about 10 minutes.

503 have just aborted the Test coverage, which was meant to stay on 503 until 8:30pm, which is now showing a unscheduled surfing program.

did you catch the start? Aleem Dar denied the Sri Lankans an appeal review. The TV cameras looked, he didn’t talk to the bowler after 10 seconds like he should have, nor did he tell them the 15 seconds were up. Michael Holding called him a “ventriloquist”. There will be more to come from this, as Hashim Amla was plumb.

The umpires also denied a low fair catch to the Sri Lankans which was overturned by the third umpire. All this in the first 30 minutes of the match! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

No, didn’t see any of that!

SAF were 2-11 when I first tuned in, could see that they were in a spot of bother!

Jim Maxwell has slammed Shane Warne’s perceived bias towards Melbourne Renegades during the latter’s commentary in Friday’s BBL semi-final. Warne described umpire Gerard Abood as a “muppet”.

1 Like

Jim is certainly getting cranky in his old age…

Relevance deprivation it would seem.

1 Like

Great coverage from Fox of the BBL final today. Commentary from Adam Gilchrist, Shane Warne, Mark Waugh, Mark Howard and Kath Loughnan on the boundary. Hour long pre and post match shows, with coverage wrapping up at approx 7pm AEDT.

2 Likes

who did the ball by ball stuff?

Adam Gilchrist and Mark Howard.

1 Like

What was Kath like? Any good?