Fox Cricket

Are the Fox commentators at the MCG or in studio?

They’re at the ground.

Today’s ODI has run over into tonight’s BBL match in Perth (both on Fox) and it seems they’ve missed quite a bit.

That puts Foxtel about 11 balls short of their ‘see every ball live’ promise

2 Likes

The BBL match began on 503 while the ODI finished.

The game started on 503

Did they mention it was going to be on 503? I saw a few times they said it was coming up at 9:30 on Fox Cricket but didn’t hear or see them say it was going to be on 503. I did find it there because I thought I’d check, they did mention to viewers on 503 to change over to 501 or 444 though before they cut out again.

Isa Guha, Mel Jones and Meg Lanning in the Sydney studio for coverage of the WBBL semi-finals today.

and they are not commentating it though… lazy

Anyway, the coverage keeps breaking up all the time.

This is a neat little feature, allowing clip sharing of the action.

1 Like

Now onto another note, what do you think of the International cricket season (Tests, ODIs, T20Is) in Australia this season?

• Exhilarating cricket
  • Boring summer of international cricket
  • Started off well, but gets boring quickly during mid season.

0 voters

Fox took Seven’s coverage of Stars v Strikers from Moe today, including graphics and commentary by ABC Radio’s Alister Nicholson.

1 Like

Being cheap again. What’s the point of this? They might as well have it on Seven only.

4 Likes

People don’t say Fox are being cheap when they take Seven’s AFL telecasts, with graphics, commentators and even MKR promos in the quarter time breaks…

The simulcast on Fox is ad free which is their selling point along with every game being live.

1 Like

Cricket has always been advert free and is advert free on Seven. The only difference now is that instead of an advert between overs they have pointless chatter.

If it was advert free than it wouldn’t mention the sponsor of spider cam, and every other graphic Fox have.

2 Likes

Something something Foxtel losing money something something Debt Crisis in eighteen months something something cost cutting.

3 Likes

It was because the game was in Moe. If the match was at the MCG then they would have had their own commentary team and graphics

The crowd at Moe for the Stars v Strikers game was about 6000. I’d say that this is fairly good, given that the capacity at the venue was 7500.

1 Like

I think in heard 6,903. Not 100%

Good crowd, considering the population of Moe is about 16,000.

Couldn’t believe what I witnessed tonight - the night BBL match was being played at the SCG yet Fox decided to call the match from their studio … in Sydney.

Yes they had Megan Barnard at the ground to do boundary reports/interviews. However, surely it would have made more sense to call the match onsite instead of a studio located in the same city!?

3 Likes