Fox Cricket

Ian Healy, Andrew Symonds and Mel Jones are commentating on tonight’s BBL match from the studio in Sydney, rather than taking the Channel 7 commentary feed tonight. 7’s graphics are still being used.

Pretty cheap and nasty for Sony to be doing part-time commentary in the first place. they shouldn’t have to use Fox commentators at all.

That’s even worse than using the Seven commentators. Fox will get more complaints.

1 Like

Presumably also couldn’t land in Hobart?

When the tests are on, Fox has been simulcasting Seven’s coverage but using their own studio panel pre/post-game and between overs/innings. They seem to have decided tonight that since Seven’s commentators aren’t at the stadium, they’ll just use their panel instead

1 Like

There was a ball that was hit extremely high and landing close to the boundary and you could tell the commentators had no idea whether it was going to land on the field, land in the crowd or be caught by the fielder.

Hopefully next year they fix this up. Fox are getting a lot of complaints over it.

Well this is just fucken bullshit. Never happened when cricket was on nine and ten.

It never happened because there was never a time in which flights got canceled due to bush fires in the Hobart area.

Given the circumstances down there today, it is totally understandable tonight.

Now it’s fingers crossed it only happens tonight and Seven/fox don’t get the idea in their heads they can do this all the time.

11 Likes

If Ten had the rights to the Hurricanes v Sixers game tonight, I bet they too would have commentated from a studio from either Sydney or Melbourne.

4 Likes

Didn’t they do it for a Rugby Union match this year when thunderstorms hit Brisbane?

1 Like

I thought it was 2017 for a Bledisloe Cup game, though Matt White was already there on the Gold Coast. As he hosted 10’s Supercars during the day in the same location as the Rugby Union game.

So there is no PINK suits being worn by the Fox team nor is there any pink graphics like Seven did

There is a pink Fox Cricket logo.

5 Likes

It’s better than nothing I suppose.

Day three is the traditional pink day.

So in the Fox Cricket Media Guide, some of the presenters are listed as Women’s and WBBL but Fox have not done a separate coverage.

Isa Guha, Mike Hussey, Jess Yates, Mel Jones, Sarah Jones, Alex Blackwell, Ellyse Perry, and Alyssa Healy are all listed as WBBL/Women’s Commentators, but Fox have not done their own coverage. What was the point of this then?

1 Like

They’ll cover the semis and final themselves I imagine.

1 Like

Fox used their own panel for the 3 international Twenty20 matches which Australia & NZ played in late September/early October last year. Mel Jones & Alex were involved with that along with Neroli Meadows

Did they commentate though? No

While watching the highlights of last night’s BBL match between the Thunder and the Heat online, I notice Fox made a blunder with the bug of an upcoming Twenty20 game between NZ and Sri Lanka. Fox used the logo of the Irish cricket team for the Black Caps!

1 Like

Michael Vaughn, John Hastings and Darren Lehmann in the commentary box tonight from the studio. No traditional ball-by-ball caller.