Fox Cricket

possibly as payback for Optus snatching the English Premier League soccer rights away from Fox.

International Cricket tends not to use the sponsored name of stadia - regardless of sponsor

1 Like

Call me old, but I prefer having non-sponsored names. What’s Docklands known as now? Sometimes when I click on a sports article, I have no idea where it’s been played without consulting the great Wiki.

OK, rant over. Back to my Maaaatttloock.

2 Likes

Marvel Stadium (yes that Marvel).

Noticed that the Foxtel 4K channel is currently scheduled to show all BBL games, not just the Fox exclusive games. Not sure whether this means Seven are producing their BBL games in 4K or if Fox has decided to upscale Seven’s coverage like they did with Fox Footy HD when it relaunched

Isn’t Foxtel producing the feed for every Big Bash anyway (ie - including their own graphics and commentators)?

I thought Seven were?

7 are the host broadcaster for the 43 of the 59 games. These will be the upscale to 4k games.
Fox will be doing their own commentary tho. Gilly, Vaughan, Symonds and Yates on the boundary for tomorrow night

2 Likes

Interesting - thought Fox would have carried Seven’s coverage whilst doing their own pre/post game coverage (like they did with the women’s T20 internationals in September/October)

cheers big ears! :slight_smile:

1 Like

KFC Big Bash League 08 On Fox Cricket Is G0

Every Game Live And Ad-Break Free During Play On Foxtel

Summer’s most exciting entertainment explodes into action on FOX CRICKET when the KFC Big Bash League is LIVE and ad break free for every game from tomorrow – Wednesday, December 19 at 6.45pm AEDT.

Viewers will see the Big Bash like never before with FOX CRICKET broadcasting all 59 matches of the competition. This will include 16 exclusive fixtures only on FOX CRICKET, featuring innovations such as Hyper Field, Listening ‘Stump Mic,’ Augmented Reality Graphics and, The Fox Comet.

The BBL makes its return to Foxtel after launching in 2012 and from the first ball tomorrow night the drama will come thick and fast when big hitter Chris Lynn and the Brisbane Heat host the defending champions, the Adelaide Strikers, at the Gabba in Brisbane.

In commentary for FOX CRICKET across the season will be Adam Gilchrist, Shane Warne, Michael Vaughan, Mark Howard, Andrew Symonds, Jess Yates, Mark Waugh, Sarah Jones, Brett Lee, Ian Healy, Mel Jones, Mike Hussey, Isa Guha, Mitchell Johnson, Darren Lehmann, Allan Border, Neroli Meadows, Brendon Julian, Megan Barnard, Kerry O’Keeffe, Kath Loughnan and Tom Morris.

FOX CRICKET expert, Adam Gilchrist, said: "The Big Bash is one of the most exciting cricket competitions seen anywhere in the world and this year it’s going to get even better when FOX CRICKET broadcasts every game Live with no ads.”

"Never before has the Big Bash sat on the same channel as every other form of the game, and viewers are going to be the real winner when for the first time ever you can watch a full day of Test cricket followed by BBL game that night.

“It’s going to be a lot of fun working alongside a few familiar faces plus a whole stack of new ones in the biggest season to date. Bring it on.”

FOX CRICKET will further its BBL coverage with magazine programs B4 The Bash and The Night Watchmen launching this week in conjunction with matches.

B4 The Bash will lead off every day of BBL coverage and The Night Watchmen will feature on Friday nights following a BBL game in a late night style produced by The Professor – James Rochford.

BBL THIS WEEK ON FOX CRICKET

Wednesday, December 19

Game #1 – from 6.45pm AEDT with B4 the Bash
Brisbane Heat v Adelaide Strikers
Commentary: Adam Gilchrist, Jess Yates, Andrew Symonds and Michael Vaughan.

Thursday, December 20

Game #2 – 6.45pm AEDT
Melbourne Renegades v Perth Scorchers
Commentary: Shane Warne, Brett Lee, Sarah Jones and Mark Howard
Followed by Episode 6 of Cricket Legends – Crash Craddock is joined by Brett Lee

Friday, December 21
Game #3 – 6.45pm AEDT
Sydney Thunder v Melbourne Stars
Commentary: Adam Gilchrist, Mark Waugh, Mike Hussey and Megan Barnard

The Night Watchmen will premiere at 10.30pm AEDT – Join The Professor, James Rochford, for a late show like you’ve never seen. This is a late night ungentlemanly look at the gentleman’s game, this week Darren Lehmann and comedian Matt Okine join the show.

Double-header – Saturday, December 22

Game #4 – 3.00pm AEDT
Sydney Sixers v Perth Scorchers
Commentary: Adam Gilchrist, Mark Waugh, Isa Guha and Jess Yates

Game #5 –6.30pm AEDT
Brisbane Heat v Hobart Hurricanes
Commentary: Mark Howard, Andrew Symonds, Ian Healy and Tom Morris

Sunday, December 23
Game #6 – 6.45pm AEDT
Adelaide Strikers v Melbourne Renegades
Commentary: Adam Gilchrist, Sarah Jones, Mike Hussey and Darren Lehmann

Followed by Episode 3 of The Cricket Tragic

Xmas Eve Double-header – Monday, December 24

Game #7 –3.15pm AEDT
Hobart Hurricanes v Melbourne Stars
Commentary: Mark Howard, Shane Warne, Isa Guha and Tom Morris

Game #8 – 6.45pm AEDT
Sydney Thunder v Sydney Sixers
Commentary: Brendon Julian, Mark Waugh, Kerry O’Keeffe and Megan Barnard

1 Like

this pretty much confirms they will have their own coverage not taking on Sevens coverage

Is it possible that Seven provides the pictures for its allocation of 43 BBL matches, and Fox Cricket using its own cameras for the bat flip and interviews with the captains?

I think Seven will provide the camera footage, pitch report, toss footage and then Fox will conduct their own interview like what we see with the test coverage

1 Like

As much as I would have loved to have seen 10 get the rights and even up the competition it is great to not have to endure the I’m a Celebrity ads every over!

5 Likes

Channel Ten were great I really miss them…

4 Likes

I didn’t say they weren’t just saying its nice not to hear the I’m a Celebrity ads.

image imageimageimageimageimage

5 Likes

How come Fox is not using their own commentary team for the Womens matches? I think it is quite disrespectful. They have commentators already there for the mens game tonight so they could use them. Also, Fox signed Mel Jones, Ellyse Perry and Alyssa Healy to commentate and dont use them.