Fox Cricket

So if 7 use Fox Cricket’s feed for the Tests, do they get fox graphics or provide their own?

1 Like

New opener for test cricket on Fox Cricket.

10 Likes

Looks decent enough.

The opener looks OK but cricketers made of marble? Does it mean they are fragile?

Not a fan. Just feels a bit weird. Certainly doesn’t make me want to watch it a few times like the nine intros with the iconic music there. Seven with the fanfare for the common man return is a good start.

2 Likes

I actually don’t mind it, but the symbolism of Fox smashing up cricket isn’t great.

3 Likes

According to Foxtel online guide, Fox Cricket Test Day (one hour highlights show hosted by Isa Guha) will now debut on Friday December 7, the morning after the first day of the first test between Australia and India, due to live coverage of the third test between Pakistan and New Zealand from Dubai this Thursday night. Episode 2 and 3 will be shown on Saturday and Sunday morning respectively, due to live WBBL from North Sydney Oval. It’s not ideal for fans who have gone to the game, as they will have to wait until next morning to see some extended highlights. It should be shown on another Fox Sports channel in primetime, if there is no live sport at that time.

3 Likes

Or have it available to stream in the evening.

2 Likes

But they’ve already seen it?

They may have gone to the game without hearing any commentary on radio.

I’m not sure I get your point?

The fans who have gone to the game will like to re-live analysis from commentators during the day’s play?

Or not, can’t say I’ve ever done that. Two reasons- I don’t need highlights of a game I just watched and most of the commentators wouldn’t know analysis if it bit them on the arse personally.

Being a work day, it would be nice if there was a highlights package on one of the other Fox Sports channels

3 Likes

It goes from bad to worse for CA and this dud or a rights deal.

2 Likes

I say Fans have a definite right to be upset about this.

India v Australia Test Series Lights Up Fox Cricket

A new era in Australian cricket begins tomorrow – December 6, LIVE from the Adelaide Oval, with the red-hot rivalry between Australia v India sparking the Domain Test Match series into life on FOX CRICKET, on FOXTEL.

Led by Adam Gilchrist, FOX CRICKET’s commentary line-up for the 1st Test features Shane Warne, Isa Guha, Mark Waugh, Mike Hussey, Michael Vaughan, Kerry O’Keeffe, Brendon Julian, Harsha Bhogle, Mark Howard and Neroli Meadows.

In a new look for Test Match cricket, viewers will receive a full day of coverage, with FOX CRICKET’s dedicated channel delivering the four-match series LIVE and ad-break free during play.

The FOX CRICKET coverage starts at 9.30am AEDT with Cricket A.M., a new dedicated cricket news program, followed at 10.00am AEDT with Test Cricket Live on Fox, providing a comprehensive preview of the day’s play which leads into the live coverage at 11.00am AEDT, with in game and post match magazine shows throughout the day.

On the field, the opening Test presents a fresh Australian side an opportunity to take on the number 1 Test team in the world, when they look to win the Border-Gavaskar trophy and keep India’s winless series record on Australian soil alive.

FOX CRICKET expert, Mike Hussey, said: "Australia need to score big runs, particularly in the first innings of each Test. They have a very good attack but need to get on top of Virat Kohli somehow and keep his output down.”

“Taking the 20 wickets will be the key for India, their bowlers don’t have a great record in Australian conditions but Australia are missing three top quality batsmen from the line-up. Their batting looks really strong but will be tested against an excellent Australian bowling group."

Player to watch: “ Nathan Lyon, how he bowls could be the defining factor in the series. Last year in the Ashes, Lyon had a lot of left-handers to bowl too, and he was allowed to bowl long and tight spells. This enabled the fast bowlers to rotate from the other end and bowl short, sharp, effective spells.

“I think India should target Lyon because if they can get on top of him and get him out of the attack it will mean that the fast bowlers will have to bowl more and get worn out quicker.”

DOMAIN TEST SERIES AUSTRALIA v INDIA
Date Location On-Air Time
December 6-10 Adelaide Oval 10.00am AEDT
December 14-18 Perth Stadium 12.20pm AEDT
December 26-30 Melbourne Cricket Ground 9.30am AEDT
January 3-7 Sydney Cricket Ground 9.30am AEDT

THE 1ST TEST ON FOX CRICKET

• CRICKET A.M. – Thursday, December 6 at 9.30am AEDT. A huge day of Test match action starts with the all new dedicated cricket news program, CRICKET A.M. Hosted by Kath Loughnan, you can get all the latest in the world of cricket and locally with crosses to the ground for the latest updates and interviews with the FOX CRICKET commentary team.
  • TEST CRICKET LIVE ON FOX –10.00am AEDT every day of play. The most comprehensive preview leading into the first ball of the series LIVE from the Adelaide Oval. Test Cricket Live On Fox will provide the perfect lead-in for the day’s play, ahead of every Test match of the summer.
  • THE BIG BREAK –1.00pm AEDT every day of play. This light-hearted, Back Page- style rotating panel program will offer a sharp and witty spin on the biggest matches of the summer.
  • TEA FOR TWO – 3.40pm AEDT every day of play. Isa Guha will present the new Tea for Two show alongside Kerry O’Keeffe, with a special guest host on the panel every day. With the smarts and style of the silky-smooth Guha are joined by the hilarious unpredictability of cricket aficionado Kerry O’Keeffe, viewers will get a refreshing take on the action. If O’Keeffe’s laugh is anything to go by, expect a 20-minute breakdown of the game that you won’t forget anytime soon.
  • CRICKET 360 – Thursday, Friday, Sunday and Monday at 6.30pm AEDT. The debut of Cricket 360 , hosted by respected cricket reporter Robert “Crash” Craddock and highly acclaimed sports broadcaster Gerard Whateley, will wield the bat with the biggest opinions to match the biggest topics, making compulsory viewing for cricket fans following days 1, 2, 4 and 5 of play for the 1st test in Adelaide.
  • FOX CRICKET TEST DAY – Every morning before play. Re-live the greatest moments of the day’s Test match in highlights with Isa Guha breaking it all down.
  • VIRAT KOHLI FEATURE INTERVIEW – Saturday, December 8 at 1.00pm AEDT. Adam Gilchrist sits down with arguably the most revered player in world cricket for an incredible insight into the life of India’s captain. Airing during The Big Break before the full interview airs at 7.30pm Sunday, December 9.
  • COME IN SPINNER – Saturday, December 8 at 6.30pm- Come In Spinner will complement the biggest Tests of the summer by dissecting the spin of the news cycle will be host Mark Howard alongside co-hosts Kerry O’Keeffe and the king of spin himself, Shane Warne, with their in-depth analysis and take on the developing news stories. Come In Spinner will also cover LIVE press conferences; present player interviews on set, and preview the night’s Big Bash Game before crossing to the action.
  • THE CRICKET TRAGIC – Sunday, December 9 at 8.00pm AEDT, Premiere. A feel good look at the game through the unusual and historical lens of the man who is arguably Australia’s biggest cricket tragic: Gus Worland. In this family-fun format, Worland goes in search of the eternal cricket tragic, from the grade clubs where he meets local legends to country cricket heroes near and far, as well as delving into the careers of one-Test wonders and players of yesteryear.

Don’t miss a moment of the action

• FOX CRICKET APP – You can get closer to the game by accessing FOX CRICKET’s brand new App which delivers the latest news, fixtures, scores, stats and video from across the world of cricket. The FOX CRICKET App is available to all consumer with Foxtel eligible sports customers able to enjoy round-the-clock live streaming of the FOX CRICKET channel to watch when they are on the go.
  • FOXSPORTS.COM.AU – will be the destination to follow the action online, with all the latest news and results, comprehensive video highlights and plenty of insights from the FOX CRICKET commentators with regular podcasts, columns and live Q&As.

The Australia v India Test series matches will be available in HD and ad-break free during play on FOX CRICKET (Channel 501) and also in 4K on Foxtel 4K (Channel 444).

As the new home of cricket, all men’s Test Matches, One-Day and T20 Internationals plus every game of the Big Bash League will be shown LIVE, ad break free during play and in HD on FOX CRICKET. Women’s cricket will receive unprecedented coverage with Women’s Internationals and 23 WBBL games LIVE.

FOX CRICKET – its cricket like never before.

FOX SPORTS is available on Foxtel.

1 Like

Just watching Foxtels coverage of the cricket this morning. It is quite good. However, Cricket AM I think needs some work. The host constantly looked down and around rather than at the camera and the backdrop looked like a carpark. I know they were trying to make it look like early morning but it didn’t look great.

2 Likes

Have both coverages on at the moment and I am so glad I don’t need to listen to seven’s at the moment. Adam Gilcrist is fantastic.