Fox Cricket

Fox Sports have said they were not interested in signing Michael Clarke and he hasn’t been signed by Seven or any of the radio networks. He has however been signed by Sony in India who have the rights to the India tour of Australia and he will contributing to the coverage of the tests from a studio in Mumbai. Clarke is expected to sign up for more work with Sony and Star.

Unless the already signed agreement changes 7 and Fox will cover the same 23 WBBL matches each year.

Fox Cricket’s coverage of the WBBL uses the same graphics as 7 cricket. Thought Fox would use their own graphics like in the ODI’s and T20’s which they do exclusively.

Do we have to put up with 7 Cricket’s graphics during the Test series or will Fox use their own

Fox are producing the feed for the Test Matches whilst Seven are producing the feed for the BBL games they are showing plus all Women’s cricket. So Fox will use their own graphcis for the tests (don’t know if they will bother overlaying for the BBLs or if they will provide comms for the games they don’t have exclusively).

2 Likes

So if 7 use Fox Cricket’s feed for the Tests, do they get fox graphics or provide their own?

1 Like

New opener for test cricket on Fox Cricket.

10 Likes

Looks decent enough.

The opener looks OK but cricketers made of marble? Does it mean they are fragile?

Not a fan. Just feels a bit weird. Certainly doesn’t make me want to watch it a few times like the nine intros with the iconic music there. Seven with the fanfare for the common man return is a good start.

2 Likes

I actually don’t mind it, but the symbolism of Fox smashing up cricket isn’t great.

3 Likes

According to Foxtel online guide, Fox Cricket Test Day (one hour highlights show hosted by Isa Guha) will now debut on Friday December 7, the morning after the first day of the first test between Australia and India, due to live coverage of the third test between Pakistan and New Zealand from Dubai this Thursday night. Episode 2 and 3 will be shown on Saturday and Sunday morning respectively, due to live WBBL from North Sydney Oval. It’s not ideal for fans who have gone to the game, as they will have to wait until next morning to see some extended highlights. It should be shown on another Fox Sports channel in primetime, if there is no live sport at that time.

3 Likes

Or have it available to stream in the evening.

2 Likes

But they’ve already seen it?

They may have gone to the game without hearing any commentary on radio.

I’m not sure I get your point?

The fans who have gone to the game will like to re-live analysis from commentators during the day’s play?

Or not, can’t say I’ve ever done that. Two reasons- I don’t need highlights of a game I just watched and most of the commentators wouldn’t know analysis if it bit them on the arse personally.

Being a work day, it would be nice if there was a highlights package on one of the other Fox Sports channels

3 Likes

It goes from bad to worse for CA and this dud or a rights deal.

2 Likes

I say Fans have a definite right to be upset about this.