Federal Politics

Dutton to the backbench.

Now is he the patsy or will he be the one to take them to opposition?

2 Likes

Considering the result (Turnbull 48 - Dutton 35 with 1 not voting) and the history of how these things go, itā€™s not a question of if but when a) thereā€™ll be another leadership spill and likely b) Dutton becomes DM

1 Like

that or a snap poll.

1 Like

Easier said than done considering thereā€™s a lot of preselection stuff still to sort out

what u mean by patsy??? and by oldman you mean murdoch?

fallguy, a.k.a Lee Harvey Oswall type person.

on the nose, yes, personal opinion.

Reports are Dutton and his conspirators to call for leadership spill again by Thursday morning, yes this Thursday morning.

1 Like

And look what happened to Rudd, albeit not for very long before Abbott won.

Call an election. We cannot wait around until May next year to fix this mess.

3 Likes

Malcolm really has no option now, he has to call for a general election and 1/2 senate election, time is running away for him, if he tries to hold on then as early as Thursday he will be gone and as such he will resign and as such that means whom ever is PM canā€™t win on government supply (confidence) without he need for the speaker to put his casting vote forward.

That is a constitutional crisis.

4 Likes

Sky News understands Malcolm Turnbull is weighing up calling a federal election rather than risk facing another leadership challenge

1 Like

I donā€™t have any confirmation but word is ComCars are being asked to be ready to take a drive and that ACT police to clear the roads to a certain house in the South West :slight_smile: where GG is.

But that could be for swearing in a few new ministers and not calling for a General Election.

Their is some movement actually very loud talking that Malcolm will announce during Question time that he will be seeing the GG to call a general election for October.
I stress should that happen then suspension of QT will happen after the 1st question without notice is asked by Shorten and then answered by Turnbul.

1 Like

judging by that media conference looks like Malcolm has not understood the message that happened today.

sad really, I mean he really is a smart person that has run very successfull business, but that might actually be a downfall since when in business (especially PTY LTD ones like he has owned or ran) you don;t have challengers for the job of either lets say managing director or CEO since sharesholders are limited to mainly those who are not there to backstab you.

Should be an interesting QT, being its Tuesday then ABC News Radio 630 will probably do the senate QT which is a shame that I have to then burn mobile data to to either watch via Freeview app or via tune in to the ACT local radio.

Think Iā€™ve found the right thread now

I wonder if itā€™s a possibility for Libs to throw Abbott back as PM, even if briefly, to stem the bleed? But I imagine itā€™d be much same fashion wjth Rudd, wonā€™t do a whole lot (circa 2013)?

He either ends to go or the party needs to utilise him, is he more or less popular than Turnbull, not publically but internally?

There are no conservatives more popular than Turnbull. No moderates will roll him.

My pick is Morrison for the next leader, post election.

2 Likes

Lovely, ABC News is on YouTube so I can at least listen to QT in all its 144p quality ising background play mode while being on the highway.

If (when) Turnbull gets rolled next time, will he stay in Parliament?

Are you tipping a Liberal hold or Labor win?

And what about Bishop, Gillard at least proved it can happen and sheā€™s very popular, at least to public.

Beat reality TV and its all free and non scripted.

Just having lunch, this is brilliant stuff, both sides are ao full of shit, that said Shorten was on fire with his attack.

Of course itā€™s a conundrum because those who voted against have to now public record vote for Turnbull during the cote of no confidence.

If QT was prime time it would be ratings gold.

2 Likes

I know it didnā€™t happen but lets say Dutton did take over leadership. He only just one his seat in the last election. What would happen if he lost it this election and was the running primeminister?

2 Likes