Federal Politics

yep. I’m hearing oct 6 being banded about at the moment but i think thats a guess

Notice that the word is not that there isn’t a challenge, just that the challenge isn’t coming from Dutton. Interesting few weeks ahead regardless

1 Like

yep, that would be the earliest date for the election, if he waits to pull the trigger then Dutton or Morrison will strike, but the word on the street in Canberra is its Morrison’s team making the calls.

I think we will likely see turnball bending over for the right ring of the liberal party.

with the Paris Agreement, did Tony Abbott sign up for it or was it Malcolm Turnbull. As according to this article, in tendaily that Tony did in which I don’t recall him doing.

Former Prime Minister Tony Abbott wrote an opinion piece for News Corp newspapers laying out his vision for cutting power prices, including dumping the Paris climate targets to which he signed up.
https://tendaily.com.au/news/politics/a180817uno/turnbull-considering-paris-emissions-agreement-backflip-20180817

More info, numbers ran by media provide an insight into what might happen on Sunday, apparently Mal is in Canberra this weekend at the lodge, the GG is also expected to be in ACT this weekend also, possible Mal goes to pay him a visit at around 4:00pm Sunday afternoon.

The numbers suggest he can defend against potato but not the sweater should he ride the weekend out then moves will be made for a spill the following Weekend.

One way or another skelletor is also out.

Stay tuned!

1 Like

Well technically it was Greg Hunt who signed the actual piece of paper as Environment Minister. Turnbull had been PM for a few months at the time but Abbott was the one who adopted the policy and committed Australia to signing.

So I’d say it’s misleading (and dare I say, biased) wording on Ten’s behalf but I can see how they would justify it if asked to do so.

who is that?

Actually it was written by AAP not Ten FYI. All Ten did was re-publish the article.

Julie Bishop.

1 Like

Apparently she’s in line for GG according to a Chinese whisper Bolt has put on his blog.

I hear its Ambassador to Macau.

Some extra news, Dutton has given 100% support to Turbnull.

Oh its on, its on, you know it’s on when you start getting unrealistic % numbers from the would be challenger or from the board of directors :wink:

If Malcolm is smart (and he is but not in politics) he would be going to the GG and calling for a general election for October.

Of course, its a risk but has two advantages, 1: saves the liberals from going what labor did

2: catches labor or guard

That said if he fails to pull the trigger then he will be repleaced.

labor are not off guard. they have been preparing for an early federal election.

1 Like

Wow just wow. :roll_eyes:
Abbott is a psychopath.

1 Like

sarcasm aside, what you only just realized that?

dames and knights, Sir Abbott of Monksvile (you know Manly) has a hand up his backside in the form of Sky News.

I don’t know about that, something tells me they will be not ready right off the bat, I hope they can read between the lines better then they have in the last 3 to 6 months.

Go figure this logic… first the extreme right wing nut jobs like Abbott say we can’t have the neg because they don’t want to legislate reduction targets on emissions. So then the prime minister and frydenberg go and change this and say ok we will make the reductions targets done by regulation so they can easily be changed. Now Abbott and his cronies don’t want that change because it would be too easy to ramp up emissions reductions.

You really can’t win in a situation like this because they just say no to everything!! It’s unworkable. It’s proof they just want to undermine at every turn and every change.

Abbott keeps harping on about walking away from the Paris agreement as he keeps saying the people want this and they’ll win the next election. I am not quite sure whether Australia upholds the Paris agreement is the consciousness of the masses in Australia. People would give a fuck or people wouldn’t even know about it. Again, this is purely ideological.

3 Likes

here is the catch 22

Abbott and his conspirators (who are now at Sky News) have been waiting for Malcolm to backflip on something they can fight him on^, the major casualty in this is Josh Frydenberg as he is an Abbott supporter but he has to be the fall guy in this for Turnbull.

The NEG always needed state and territory governments (except for WA as they have their own energy / water / fuel supply grids and only supply their own state and various commonwealth territories in that region) support as they control the power grids /’ water supply and fuel supply runs and as such can do so via regulation without Commonwealth interference.

Hence the catch 22 for Turnbull and the power play by Abbott via Dutton and the hard right and ultra conservatives in LNP and Bernardi / and possibly Katter (and his member Aning in the Senate).

^you can’t fight Turnbull on 38 (soon to be 39) poll loses, you can’t fight him on Tax cuts for companies, you can’t fight him on banks and the RC, you can’t fight him on border security or defense (as he appeases to the right anyway), SSM was a BS thing late last year the way it was handled, budget? check, but you can fight Turnbul on climate change and possibly the republic due to Turnbulll previous positions on both issues.

The Sky New gum flapper knows this and as such has ordered Abbott to fight and fight hard and has enlisted her puppets in AM radio to have potato head as a smoke screen.

Which leaves Morrison wide open to make the call, remember with the liberals if its a 3 way there is a first vote and then a second vote, ask Hockey how he done over Turnbul to help Abbott in 2009.

As for the NEG itself, if its en acted in law (legislated) then the states and territories will be pissed as takes away their rights as they are the gate keepers to the supply of energy, water and fuel hence why they want regulation.

and as such we come to the problem that everyone has no idea how to fix.

yep, and as such no matter who wins power they have to work with a senate that is so driven by issues that no one side can make it work, well not work without massive compromises.

The new question is now “will it be today or next weekend?” Malcolm is smart, well smart enough,if I were him I would go to GG and call an election, the changes in the senate alone will help him out as the cross bench (well most of it a=other than defector Bernardi and that red head fish n chips shop owner are in 6 year terms),the rest are only on 3 year terms and they needed double the votes they got last time to be given a further 6 year term., even the Greens are in jeopardy due to their inability to get their message out cleanly (bad pun).

2 Likes