Federal Politics

Yep, that’s what I’m getting at. You can be right of centre, you can be religious and of the left, but there’s a special hypocrisy about the noisy right religious (usually when it suits their agenda) folks who have a profile in politics.

3 Likes

No worries, think I’m just extra old and tired and cranky at the moment!

2 Likes

Will this ever end?
http://www.news.com.au/national/politics/vikki-campions-exfiance-john-bergin-denies-baby-is-his/news-story/5336d597293a9f34417ba149ef97d57e

Sounds like an episode of Maury…

1 Like

But wait, there’s more.

1 Like

Criticism from within.

Um didn’t we all know this Peta? :stuck_out_tongue:

It takes some people longer to catch up.

You think it a revelation she sat on the loo at sky news and thought “OMG my party has a ladies image problem!?”

Credlin cracking…

That’s when she thinks of the Liberal Party?

Senator Hinch took a tumble:

I see he’s treating that donated liver with utmost care and respect, getting absolutely smashed drunk to the point of tumbling over and causing brain injury. This was in the headlines just over a year ago:

I took it with a grain of salt at the time, but I do believe now that Hinch has definitely relapsed.

Yet another poster boy for the movement to ban alcoholics from receiving liver transplants, up there with George Best.

What a hypocrite, I bet if he wasn’t an alcoholic he’d be starting a campaign to strike alcoholics off the transplant lists.

To think that other people whose ailments are not their fault have died waiting for a donor liver, while Hinch goes on wrecking his second chance by boozing it up.

1 Like

With regards to that $5 parcel tax, I think the government is seriously underestimating the number of people who shop online from overseas. This would be final the nail in the coffin of the government if they actually went ahead with it. It’d be up there with the GP co-payments disaster.

$5 parcel tax… so? Why would that be the nail in the coffin for the government? Malcolm is doing a great job of that himself. I had no problem with a co payment $5.00 for doctor visits, currently I am on student benefits and don’t have much, the $5.00 would not have made a dent in my budget - however I understand the uproar though with people who are in dire situations then I am.

I don’t know why they are doing that - , but didnt they tax online shopping with GST Last year? Aren’t we online shoppers paying tax on online purchases because of that?

They were supposed to bring it in last year but it didn’t go through. Its apparently going to come in July 1st this year.

I don’t think the $5 parcel tax is necessary. Australians tend to already pay much more for products as it is. Maybe its time for Australian businesses to become more competitive.

2 Likes

According to this report it will cover the rising cost of security screening.

https://www.choice.com.au/shopping/online-shopping/buying-online/articles/parcel-tax-proposed-online-purchases-220318

As for the GP co-payment, where are all these bill billing doctors? I’ve always paid to see the GP unless I was on a concession card as a student or when I was briefly on Newstart at one point. And that’s living in Melbourne’s inner west and middle eastern suburbs.

There are tons of bulk billing doctors where I live in south-east Sydney. Most are in medical centres. I’d imagine if you do a quick Google search you’ll find one in your area.

I’ve never had to pay for a GP appointment in my life, and I would have expected that people paying to see the GP would be the rarity.

Exactly. None here in the inner NW of Melbourne, nearest might be Footscray or North Melbourne??

+1 Medicare can be good tho for big bills but even Malcolm has stuffed that up as well as many other things. :neutral_face:

Coalition loses its 29th straight Newspoll. One to go.

http://www.news.com.au/national/politics/coalition-government-loses-its-29th-straight-newspoll/news-story/4e9948a0d6f9f0210ebbcd85e89bab11

Labor’s first preference vote has not been as high since Mr Turnbull ousted Mr Abbott in September 2015, the newspaper reported.

The poll also lifted Mr Shorten’s satisfaction rating to 34 per cent, two points ahead Mr Turnbull’s 32 per cent.

1 Like

Am exciting time to be the Member for Warringah.

1 Like