Federal Politics

Can see a lot of problems if that happened, New England facing two by-elections in only about 3 months and the Nationals would lose that seat easily and Turnbull would be copping the wrath too.

well there isnā€™t any decent or good politicians nowadays as they are all pathetic.

Laborā€™s fault that Barnaby gave his mistress three jobs at $130k per annum and has had several allegations of sexual assault. Laborā€™s fault that he was a dual citizen. Laborā€™s fault that he got awarded a $40k prize from Gina Rinehart. Laborā€™s fault that he accepted a gift of free rent for six months on a property in Tamworth while heā€™s earning over $200k a year.

Your pathetic attempts to blame others for his own fuck ups are very transparent.

5 Likes

He was earning over $400,000!, though back to $200,00 from Monday.

2 Likes

All in the eye of the beholder.

It was nothing to do with the morals of infidelity. It was the fact it was with a staffer who was then given taxpayer jobs that were created for her. Add to that dubious expense claims for accommodation and trips with said mistress all at taxpayer expense. Itā€™s an ETHICAL issue not a moral one.

3 Likes

Well said.

Never said it was Labors fault mate. My post did not reflect that . With that particular post you quoted was meant to be about the media and some liberals and how labor were calling for his head, but they should really be shutting up to be honest - they havenā€™t got a great track record either but thatā€™s beside the point. The whole argument for oyu sohuld be applied to labor as well. If Shorten was in the same position and he had done what supposedly Joyce had done (creating a job for the new pregnant staffer), I would be saying the exact same thing. I still yet to see any evidence that Barnaby had anything to do with the job thing for the girlfriend. Were there tape recordings? Who knows, until there is such physical evidence or more then 1 witness coming out and have evidence to show, then that will be interesting, but havenā€™t seen anything like it.

This is just my opinion , Iā€™m not trying to start a fight or anything.
:slight_smile:

For good reason.

Labor is calling for a Federal ICAC. Knock it off with the whole ā€˜both sides are the sameā€™ nonsense - Joyce is in government and should be held to a much higher standard, especially considering he is/was deputy PM.

ā€œWhat about Labor?ā€ is not an argument, itā€™s an excuse and a weak one at that.

No one would release evidence or come out and say otherwise because theyā€™re on the same side as Barnaby and would lose their job.

I find it extremely hard to believe that Joyceā€™s mistress just happened to be the only applicant for a newly created position (which was duplicating an existing position within Canavanā€™s office). She got paid $130k a year and by all accounts posted less than one tweet a day in her role as social media advisor. Are you comfortable with high-paying tax-payer funded jobs being created especially for a ministerā€™s mistress?

3 Likes

Well in my mind it works :stuck_out_tongue:

Youā€™re making assumptionsā€¦ itā€™s still an assumptionā€¦ Itā€™s the media thatā€™s reporting, thats why I think this whole thing has been totally blown out of proportion. Whoever is getting this information surely is doing something on Barnabyā€™s list, but what if itā€™s a bunch of bullshit Matlock? Iā€™m playing devilā€™s advocate here, rather jumping on the band wagon and saying letā€™s sack the Barnaby, we have to let the investigation if there is going to be one do itā€™s job.

But your mind is warped. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

:stuck_out_tongue: Barnaby got to me before anyone elseā€¦

How about we all agree to disagree!

I agree with that ! But itā€™s always good to have a debate and itā€™s sure interesting to go up against labor supporters. I donā€™t take it personally, I just offer my viewā€¦ and try and defend the way I can. :slight_smile:

Career suicide from George Christensen (mind you heā€™s attempted many time before).

If the Coalition splits, The Nationals will be consigned to history. The Liberal party will stand in all rural seats and give them a couple of elections to make the Nationals a mere memory. Canā€™t see the Nats in cabinet giving up their ministerial salaries and other perks. Gone from be relevant to irrelevant in a breath.

5 Likes

That guy reminds me of a duck.

5 Likes

A sitting duck? :gun:

He even tried to be the new leader of the National Party, thankfully a few Nationals MPā€™s and senators had a brain and elected Michael McCormack (who?) instead.

Veterans Affairs Minister. This is the problem when you have a dominant personality like Joyce as leader, anyone with talent isnā€™t afforded the limelight. Darren Chester wouldā€™ve been a solid option, but Joyce dumped him from cabinet a few months ago and realistically, two Victorians (McKenzie as deputy) couldnā€™t form the leadership base. See how McCormack performs, Iā€™d heā€™s out of his depth someone else will step up.

Thank Christ Christensen didnā€™t get up. Havenā€™t seen a breakdown of votes, Iā€™d be surprised if he got more than one or two. Probably pull the trigger on his previous threat to leave now, or just sulk back to Mackay and throw insults on social media and accuse the rest of his party of being leftards.

1 Like

Have a wild guess as to which one heā€™ll actually do.

2 Likes