Federal Politics

I don’t see how that would help him achieve anything though. At least by being in the party he could still influence some of their decisions.

Depends how bitter he is though. He could join Corey Bernadi. Throw the coalition into a spin.

Barnaby Joyce cheated on his wife with his staff member and got her pregnant, then left his wife and four daughters. Hardly the poster boy for the Australian Conservative Party.

2 Likes

http://www.news.com.au/national/breaking-news/mps-react-to-pms-bonking-ban/news-story/61c6a61e1fd65df85ae37b28c28c23b3

After Barnaby’s press conference today:

OPEN CIVIL WAR: Barnaby lashes out at ‘inept’ Turnbull

That is true. I’m sure Corey would still have him. They are full of contradictions.

1 Like

So he survived the vote within his party for the leadership and he has become so emboldened that he is willing to attack the prime minister and bugger the consequences? Talk about a dysfunctional coalition.

1 Like

Sack him!

2 Likes

(Note - screen grabs carefully chosen!)

3 Likes

Ugh this is a stupid scandal, just fuck off Barnaby

3 Likes

MALCOLM Turnbull has hit back at Barnaby Joyce after an explosive press conference saying he stood by his remarks about the Deputy PM.

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/national/barnaby-joyce-has-given-an-explosive-press-conference-saying-malcolm-turnbulls-words-were-inept/news-story/cd617a9e96155b0b28ff58d9503e349a

This is ridiculous they should be standing together. I seriously think this is an issue that could ruin the coalition.

1 Like

Would love to see an actual punch-on in parliament with Barnaby giving Malc the old 1-2 across the chops. Not that I want anyone to get hurt, but it’d just be funny to see.

1 Like

There have long been Liberals who view the Nationals as more an opposition party than Labor. The coalition is an interesting dynamic at times.

Hence why I wouldn’t be surprised to see some turn on the libs and go independent.

It’s more Libs who hate the Nats.

Why would a National - a country member - give up the perks of government? George Christensen is the perfect example, all piss and wind but loving government perks.

Even if Joyce were to move to the backbench, his salary would drop a couple of hundred thousand, and with a forthcoming divorce and new baby coming of course he’ll cling to that.

Sorry if this isnt the right thread… but, wow. Just wow.

Matlock’s Saturday morning hangover thinkpiece: has politics in this country actually gone insane?

^ Yes. Bonking Barnaby. :joy: