Federal Politics

A couple of cancelled security passes … but a better one with more access is on its way.

2 Likes

What are the Transmitting ear bud devices used for?

Barnaby taking leave next week while he would’ve been acting PM. A complete lack of leadership. Just great.

From the ABC.

Yikes! Can’t wait to watch Shaun Micallef’s Mad As Hell for next couple of weeks. :joy:

2 Likes

Senate passes motion calling for Barnaby to resign

Labor, the Greens and the crossbench have just passed a motion calling for Barnaby to resign.

35-29

“The Senate calls on the Deputy Prime Minister to resign from his position of Deputy Prime Minister of Australia for clearly breaching the standards required of Ministers; and if he does not resign, calls on the National Party to sack him as leader”

A motion does not force the deputy PM to resign, but it does heap pressure on Turnbull to prove he has control of the Parliament.

Turnbull just banned sexual relations between ministers and their staff.

Lol what the fuck just sack Barnaby you twit

Aaaaand #bonkban is trending

This country smh

That’ll definitely work.

1 Like

I think sacking him is a bit too far … If anything suspension for a time would be more sufficie, but each to their own…

Bonkban, lol Malcolm is truly bonkers though.

2 Likes

Jesus Australia…Get your act together…

The problem was that Barnaby’s girlfriend got a couple of jobs in other ministers’ departments and that Barnaby lived rent free for six months.

I don’t care where Barnaby or any other male minister puts his penis.

1 Like

This bonkban is beyond ridiculous

Malcolm needs to either back Baranaby 100% or convince the nationals to remove him. This silence is making him look weak

I dont think that should be an issue. He explained that. He was offered, by a friend, a room in an apartment that was previously occupied by his friends daughter. He offered rent but his friend said no.

There are differing accounts. The property owner told News Corp that Barnaby asked to live there rent free, which is forbidden.

So PM Malcolm Turnball goes on leave. Deputy PM Barnaby Joyce is forced to take leave. Julie Bishop is overseas so can’t step in. Next choice is Mattias Cormann.

So no wonder he has been described as the Steven Bradbury of the coalition.

This is not going to end well.

I wonder if Barnaby is forced out whether he will flip and go independent?

I don’t think they want him out of the National Party but I do think they want him out of the leader’s job. If he does get chucked out of the party, I’m sure he will remain as an Independent.

Sorry i mean i wonder if he got removed as leader whether he would consider jumping ship.