Federal Politics

I get the impression there is generally doubt about that story - any mention of it has been sort of ‘in-passing’

More like go to the back bench. He should definitely be demoted. There’s something stinky going on here with her moving office to office.

my issue with this is that he was campaigning against SSM citing the sanctity of marriage whilst he was slipping it to a staffer. he’s a hypocryte and needs to go

1 Like

I agree he is a hypocrite but he was voted for. So he shouldn’t go. Problem with him? People in his electorate shouldn’t vote for him.

And regards to SSM wouldnt we also be hypocrites if we judged him for a failed marriage? Just because someone is a total hypocrite doesnt mean we should get a forks out. Best taste of revenge is to show kindness and acceptance.

He also didn’t want the Gardosil vaccine available a 12 years ago. He said it would promote promiscuity. What a fucken hypocrite.

He’s a bit of an uneducated prick tbh. He speaks nonsense

It would be good if this causes problems for the government. Lose any momentum they had. The more destabilization the better.

3 Likes

Yes, let’s stop all MPs from procreating and lowering the national collective IQ. :laughing:

Great idea! Can we add state MPs into that too? And some of the local ones!

1 Like

The issue isn’t the affair.

The issue is the mistress got positions in senior ministerial offices afterwards.

1 Like

She sure did.

Oh, sorry, you meant employment positions.

3 Likes

Depending on how you phrase it…there could have been other jobs:wink:

Is that you Bill Clinton?

He doesn’t have to go anywhere. Surely it’s a moral issue, but not an ethical issue, at the very least, it hasn’t affected his job in any way. It’s a non issue from where I stand point.

Sounds like most labor lefties want the liberals to be perfect robots, but when it comes to their own kind (Penny Wong, Wayne Swann, Kevin Rudd, Julia Gillard) they should forgive them for their mistakes and move on…

I don’t care about the affair. I don’t like the hypocrisy and the fact she got a job in another office after they hooked up. It’s just dodgy. And he’s a dodgy human.

3 Likes

But what about the ethics of the jobs created for his partner?

Hardly just the left asking for answers now.

http://www.news.com.au/finance/work/at-work/questions-over-barnaby-joyces-former-staffer-vikki-campions-next-appointment/news-story/f6376e527148d57b2197e00c155e6979

Even right wing nut jobs like Bolt think Joyce is damaged goods.

If it remains a moral issue, then yep I agree - if there is an indication that she has got a benefit out of it via public money then its a completely different story

2 Likes

My opinion: Just call a another election. We seemed to do it for every other thing and we never seem to have a straight cycle anymore so, it’s only one year away so just head to the polls would they.

The oldies would probably just vote for the LNP’s but I don’t care anymore. Malcolm already stuffed half of the nations youth up with the plebiscite so just let the people decide if they want the Libs controlling the country again.

Who do you think we are? Italy? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Would only be for the House of Representatives though

Turnbull has ruled out an election this year. We could have a normal both houses one later this year but I very much doubt we will.