Federal Politics

Thought he already was?

News to me! :laughing:

Watching Insiders right now and itā€™s making my blood boil. Fucking audit them already.

Former tennis champion and Seven commentator the great JA might be a dual citizen.

Edit: If he gets booted from parliament he could fall back on his stalled career as a stand-up comedian.

1 Like

Beyond a joke. Iā€™m beginning to feel sorry for some of these pollies. JA would not have expected that, I mean, could he be any more Aussie, representing AUSTRALIA in the Davis Cup when the Davis Cup was important.

Heā€™s in a marginal seat so if a by election is called the seat could actually be lost by the government.

1 Like

you donā€™t think he would have known his dad was born overseas? if you are a pollie with an OS parent itā€™s a pretty damn good idea to look into these things

1 Like

7.8%, heā€™s regained a lot of the vote Howard lost.

His dad arrived in Australia in 1911, Australian citizenship wasnā€™t even a thing until 1949. Long after he arrived, long after section 44 of the constitution was even written which clearly never thought anyone but a British Subject would be in the Australian Parliament.

I donā€™t think there will be an election, but a spill is becoming more likely in my eyes.

Which lunatic is next to be put in charge of the asylum? What are they going to scrape off the bottom of the barrel?

I canā€™t see any plausible alternative. Who could give the LNP a better chance to win the next federal election?

Thereā€™s no one except maybe Julie Bishop, but sheā€™s a woman so who knows if the Liberals would tolerate that.

Iā€™m not sure where we go from here. The Government is absolutely besieged by scandal at every twist and turn so I really cannot fathom things getting better. There is the same stench of death in the air as there was during the dying days of the Abbott Government, but I canā€™t see any kind of leadership spill eventuating either. I guess this Govt will limp until the next election.

Exactly; Turnbullā€™s been constrained by the divisions in the LNP as any replacement would be.

Bishop exposed herself as a fool when she attacked the NZ Labour party, and as petulant by taking so long to speak to the new NZ PM.
After that I canā€™t imagine her keeping her positive image (as it is) under the criticism & pressure of being a new PM during a federal campaign where the Liberals have knifed yet another PM.

(I suspect thereā€™s a good reason sheā€™s always been happy to be deputy & never put her hand up to be leader.)

Prime Minister Kevin Andrews

Pardon me whilst I vomit. My mp, doesnā€™t live in the electorate, not overly popular but itā€™s Liberal area,claims travel allowance at the drop of a hat, even when heā€™s raising money for charity on the pollie pedal. His only redeeming feature is he appears to have given the Just for Men a break and has begun to go grey gracefully.

For once I agree with Sen. Bernardi :nauseated_face:

1 Like

Eric Abetz is going hard for the Labor MHR in Braddon - Justine Keay who apparently had not received confirmation of the renunciation of her British citizenship at the time of nominations for the last election. Could be potentially Laborā€™s first casualty.

Meanwhile reports that Pauline Hanson could be next.

What the fuck people.

Apparently she said in an interview with Womanā€™s Day in 2010 (after throwing a tanty and deciding to move permanently to the UK) that she would be able to obtain full dual citizenship. After finding that it was not the white homeland she was expecting to find, she returned back to Australia.

I canā€™t believe no one picked up on that before.

2 Likes

Apparently Jacqui Lambieā€™s dad was Scottish and sheā€™s now checking things out too.

It was reported somewhere the members wouldnā€™t need to do an audit of their ancestry, the media are doing it for them and it seems to be the case!

Iā€™m just surprised at how multicultural the Parliament is, I keep checking through my history but Iā€™m still Australian. :frowning:

2 Likes