Federal Politics

Delcons**

I agree with your overall point.

The Coalition and Labor have struck a deal on the terms of elected Senators from last month’s double dissolution election. The deal will see the first six Senators elected in each state getting six-year terms, meaning Pauline Hanson will serve for six years but Derryn Hinch faces re-election in three years’ time. The ABC has compiled a list of which senators will serve for six years or three years.

6 years of Pauline? Oh god. Please explain.

4 Likes

there is a lot worse than Pauline Hanson. Like Bob Katter and Jacqui Lambie

Lambie and Katter aren’t out to cause schisms in our society. They’re less bad than Hanson but not a whole lot great.

2 Likes

Ummmm i beg to differ. If a horse shits and an elephants shits its still shit.

1 Like

They’re all bloody lunatics … And I would be questioning the mental stability of those who voted for them.

1 Like

Maybe going a bit too far there…

Or maybe its because voters are sick and tired of the big political major parties, as to why there is more minor parties now then what there was in the last parliament.

2 Likes

I already have. But I have to remember we are in a bloody democracy.

There are so many other minor parties that those people could have voted for that aren’t as awful as those leaders.

If you were to ask me, Pauline Hanson is quite high on my list of people who I personally think need to receive a lifetime ban from politics and all media. Extremely dangerous and xenophobic opinions which appeal to the very simplistic, narrow-minded News Corp/AM commercial talkback radio-worshipping demographic.

2 Likes

People obviously want her to stay in parliament, if she keeps on getting re-elected. The media have to learn to treat PH like any other politician. The more that she gets attacked, same with Donald Trump their popularity grows.

1 Like

If we live in a democracy then people have the right to question why someone voted for someone. If you can logistically state why voted for someone then fine. If you can’t you have a right to judge someone mental state. I was referring to a cousin of mine who voted for Pauline because he used to her say ‘please explain’ a lot. I’m sorry if thats the reason he voted for her I have every right to judge his vote for such a horrible person to be involved in politics.

As for whether a vote is anyones business. No but yes it is peoples business because it has an apparent affect on the individual.

Hanson was elected to the local council in 1994, then to federal parliament in 1996 losing that seat in 1998. Despite running numerous times in Qld and NSW since she always failed to again win a seat in parliament, until this year. So she hasn’t kept being re-elected!

2 Likes

He’s not old enough to know any of that.

I meant hasn’t, not has!

I am not doing that at all. I have never asked anyone who they voted for. All I am talking about is the person who voluntairly said who they voted for. I then have every right to ask why. If someone asked me why I voted for who I did I would be more than happy to explain. I did massive research to make my vote count and still be in line with my personal views. I dont care who people vote for. But if you chose to come on a public forum and discuss politics you should expect a debate about it. Just like my cousin should, and respected for that fact, to be asked why he voted the way he did after he said who he voted for. He did not give me that reason to shut me up. We were at his wedding he said just went and voted for Pauline I asked what made you vote for her and he said I liked her song as a kid ‘please explain’. During his wedding ceremony he said he looked forward to the day where everybody could marry irrespective of gender. I then caught him later in the night and explained that Pauline is against that to which he didnt know. I said it was a serious vote and something he should take more seriously next time.

I agree with you. I find it hard someone to vote purely on the please explain crap. Hence my comment about questioning his mental brain. I am happy to listen to anyones reasons. I probably wont agree but at least have an understanding of what policies you voted for. As for it being none of my business. I have NEVER asked ANYONE who they voted for. If you are here discussing politics your are opening yourself up to have your opinions judged. DONT LIKE IT CLICK THE BACK BUTTON! And i am not using any opinion against anyone.

I find it quite funny and contradictory that you ask everyone to not judge when your comment is clearly judging a grown adult for voting purely on a please explain comment