Federal Politics

Sad thing is with her acting on integrity and crossing the floor on these motions, and with the Coalition lurching further and further right, she’ll unfortunately never get a look in for any leadership roles, especially with Dutton and Ley in charge.

Again I agree that Bridget Archer is a standout who’s exactly what the Liberals need to rejuvenate their position in Australian politics.

LOL. I am not surprised that you think that. However this was justified, and you would be calling out for Liberals to do this to to labor’s leader (ex-leader) if it were on the other foot.

Sounds to me you are a a fence cutter, and only looking at it with two eyes and not seeing the big picture of what Scomo did. You say you agree with the actions of the labor bringing the censure on Scomo, yet you justify that it was unrealistic and provoking as if they were bullying Scomo. Then you decide that it looks bad on Albanese. Again LOL. :stuck_out_tongue: You are starting to make me look at least normal with your posts in this thread. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Again, you prove my point, in my previous post, you would be all for it if Liberal had done this if Albo did it.

2 Likes

How the hell did you just swing this shit back onto Albanese? Thank god (most) of the the general public don’t share your far right views.

2 Likes

Oh Morrison is still around? When is this Liberal ‘soul searching’….‘regrouping’….happening that they talked about over 6 months back?

Seems like it’s all just the same old same old circus. What exactly is Dutton’s point of difference? The MPs all shaking ScoMo’s hand as they exited isn’t a great look for this brand and trying to pull it out of the shitter. That actually really pisses me off, get him out of the joint firstly.

1 Like

Please stop pushing the far right line. There is nothing extreme, racist, homophobic, or authoritarian, about what I’m suggesting. All I said was that it looks like political point scoring rather than meaningful action to punish Morrison, as he rightly should be punished. I’ve congratulated Albanese on doing good work in his first six months and I hope that continues.

2 Likes

I’m not trying to stir the pot or make you look bad but when have you done this?

Doesn’t all this align with Albaneses promise to hold MPs to account and form a federal anti corruption board? Seems like following an election promise rather than point scoring. And I feel this is a punishment considering now former PM has ever had this happen. It completely tarnishes him.

Although I do agree the timing is probably to push a resignation and by election before the NSW election which would be a nightmare for the liberal party.

1 Like

but is it a punishment? Nothing will happen after today? It’s barely a slap on the wrist. And he has shown today that he still doesn’t get what he’s done.

1 Like

Not sure if I’ve posted it much on here apart from my post above about him focusing on getting things done, but it’s definitely my own personal sentiment that Albanese has been good for the country.

Yep, and I acknowledge that it was a good election promise from Albanese because our political system needs more accountability, but I think the fact that nothing meaningful is going to come from the Censure makes it look more like point scoring.

It’s symbolic, yes. But can’t symbolic things be a punishment too? There isn’t really a lot they can do and at least they have done something right?

I’m really not… I think you’re doing that all by yourself.

2 Likes

Agree, but even after all that happened today he still doesn’t register that he’s done something wrong. Like water off a duck’s back with him. Just a shame that there is no mechanism to do any more meaningful action

1 Like

Not sure where we’re getting the assumption that Footykick is far right from?

Right, of course. But far right? C’mon.

4 Likes

A good sense of judgement and the fact he posts links to many right wiing nut job conspiracies?

2 Likes

I don’t agree. The seriousness of what he did meant something of this level had to be done.

2 Likes

It was bizarre, if only to remind us that Tony Abbott was truly awful - but Morrison was worse!

1 Like

Agree, Morrison’s self appointment to those ministeries and that he didn’t tell anyone was wrong. He still doesn’t seem to understand that. I think ScoMo needs to get out of politics at the next election, I think he is damaging the Liberal-Coalition brand.

2 Likes

How is it that disgraces like Abbott and Bronwyn Bishop gets a portrait in recognition of their ‘work’? They have done nothing to contribute to the political landscape of this country and are absolutely awful humans overall.

Though I’m sure we will be seeing Scumo’s portrait unveiled in the next few years to commemorate his record of being 6 ministers simultaneously.

Not just him. Dutton, Cash, Ley, Fletcher, Taylor, Tudge, O’Brien etc are all disgraceful. They need a clean out and appoint more fair-minded people like Bridget Archer and Simon Birmingham.

2 Likes

I think it’s a parliamentary tradition that every prime minister, House speaker and Senate president gets an official portrait years after he or she finished the role.