Federal Politics

You’ve got to start somewhere I guess.

1 Like

It is clear that if Dutton was PM the approach would be different and the “paused” relationship over the last half decade would continue. Morrison was a bulldozer and Dutton isn’t that far behind. Would Dutton attempt to start the dialogue again? He seems like he just wants war with China.

2 Likes

The question probably needs to be asked whether we need to have a dialogue relationship with China or not (I think we’re better off then not FWIW) - especially in light of us effectively not having one for nearly half a decade now.

There’s probably a third position where you don’t want to have a relationship, but you’re reasonably ambivalent about it (ie, don’t want to go to war against them)

Just ahead of the Victorian pol :thinking:

If any further proof was needed that Scott Morrison had lost touch with reality, not only while he was prime minister, but that his malady had lingered for months after, it came during his first conversation with Josh Frydenberg after Anthony Albanese revealed that Treasury was one of the former prime minister’s secret ministries.

Almost immediately after Albanese’s stunning announcement, Morrison tried to contact Frydenberg, ostensibly to apologise to his former deputy. Frydenberg ignored Morrison’s first few attempts, not trusting himself to speak to him, then finally responded. Frydenberg can’t actually remember Morrison using the ‘s’ word - sorry.

Morrison began in politics with few friends, and ended with even fewer. People who had stuck by him for decades, fought all his battles, gathered his numbers, prayed with him, and defended him - often at some cost to their own reputations and careers - felt used, wounded, and deceived.

3 Likes

In a report, released on Friday, the former high court justice said Morrison’s appointments as the health and finance ministries were “unnecessary” while three other appointments “had little if any connection to the pandemic”.

Bell said it was “difficult to reconcile” Morrison’s evidence to her inquiry through his lawyers that he believed his appointments would be announced on the government gazette with the fact he failed to tell his ministerial colleagues.

Perfect proof of the arrogant a-hole he was and still is. Completely self-absorbant and diverged from reality.

4 Likes

That’s disappointing, the reasons they give are not reasons to oppose it, they are reasons to not care and not take a position. Opposing is unnecessarily divisive.

They say that they oppose it because they find it meaningless, I think they oppose it because they want status quo (aka continual failure of recognition of Aboriginal Australians).

On another note, love the fact that Angus Taylor is the butt of all jokes of the Labor Frontbench every time he goes up to the dispatch box. Shows how useless he is. Is Dutton one of the most hidden and useless opposition leaders we’ve seen this century? We’ve heard the likes of Abbott, Shorten etc scream up the hill every Parliamentary sitting yet he just sits there looking like a shining sad potato. Instead we keep hearing from the arrogant pricks like Paul Fletcher, Sussan Ley and Ted O’Brien.

Bridget Archer says she’s considering to vote for the censure motion against Scomo. Good on her for standing against that sort of stinking corruption when he was PM. Goes to show that not all hope is lost (yet) for the Coalition.

1 Like

They also make it hard to have any reasoned discussion whether the proposal has merit - I really dont like the idea that parliament can set (and subsequently alter) the parameters on how the voice will operate

1 Like

David Littleproud said that Aboriginal elders in his Queensland electorate of Maranoa have not been consulted about the Voice. If the claim is true, that’s the fault of the federal government.

Also why does Jacinta Price oppose the Voice? She should be joining other Indigenous leaders in supporting the proposal and the Uluru Statement from the Heart. The referendum won’t succeed if there is division among Indigenous people.

She’s the worst.

Must have so much hate in heart for her own background. She’s a regular nut case on sky news. Some how she engages in reverse racism. Such a vile person.

Says it all. She’s a hypocrite in general.

Or so he thinks.

That electorate is so right wing even if there wasn’t any problems, they’d probably oppose it for the sake of opposing it anyway.

1 Like

Well like it or not there IS division amongst indigenous Australians on this issue. I personally have indigenous friends and family who have different opinions on it.

I find it alarming that some on this forum are so one-eyed in their unquestioning support. There are different opinions on this issue. The automatic assumption by some that people MUST support it I find very disturbing.

Who are you to tell Jacinta Price what she SHOULD be thinking or doing? I don’t have any opinion on her either way but you don’t have the right to say what she should be doing, it frankly comes across as paternalism.

3 Likes

That’s actually very offensive. Who are you to tell anyone they have hate in their heart? The irony of a white person telling an indigenous Australian what they should think particularly on this matter is simply astonishing.

1 Like

David Littleproud really struggled to answer Waleeds basic questions on The Project. He either doesn’t understand the issue or does not believe his own position.

Hold up, are you saying because she’s Aboriginal she should, by default, agree to the Voice? This doesn’t seem like a very balanced view.

2 Likes

I think a lot of the dislike for Jacinta Price is that even though she is a politician of Aboriginal descent and one would think she’s a fierce supporter of Aboriginal people’s rights and opportunities in Australia, a lot of her suggestions and ideas are in fact counterproductive towards the very cause that she fights for, not to mention that some of her views are by nature quite repugnant by itself.

I mean, she doesn’t have to support the voice and no one should be compelled to but maybe she should consider offering some important ideas that would prove to be effective alternative approaches towards this issue.

I agree, but we both know this through witnessing her as a politician. I’m more concerned about those who don’t know her for her politics making assumptions that she’d just support any Indigenous cause because she’s Indigenous.

1 Like