Federal Politics

And yet the Greens primary vote goes backward. Then again, Labor is at their second lowest in sixty years and are by no means a small minority.

I’d put money on a second election. I’d put less, but still some, on a coup against Turnbull.

If there was a second election would much change?

The Greens primary vote went up this election to 10% in the House of Reps

1 Like

How soon are we talking? Next month? 2019?

A few weeks I’d say if they couldnt form government

Why can the Unions and ALP get away with lying about lying? For example, the 15% GST, which won’t happen as it was dusted pretty quickly. The Mediscare which won’t be privatized under LNP. The only reason why Bill Shorten brought the debate up about Mediscare is because people would be scared if it was privatized. And he probably knew he was gone for all money, and that he wouldn’t be the leader anymore. The ABC Fact Check has also said that there wasn’t changes or cuts to pensions, education or health. Which was clearly stated in the ads there was cuts.

The LNP should’ve done a lot more in their ads. By having Bill Shorten in the ad knifing his own leaders in a short space of few years.

Turnbull could call an election shortly after the second term of the Abbott Government, as he wanted to make it easier for the major parties to get more seats in the senate and another reason on possibly not being able to govern in their own right.

They all lie and cheat. Its called politics. Its funny in a court you are sworn in to not lie. In politics its completely different. They can say whatever they want. Definitely a law that needs to change. Would be niave to believe the coalition didnt do or try the same thing with labour.

As for your question about putting ads in avout shortner backstabbing. I believe they can attack a government but not an individual. They are very clever by saying the Bill Shorten government or Malcolm Turnballs government etc.

As for your last paragraph. I dont understand it.

1 Like

Not exactly what I want out of a democratically elected leader.

I am sure they can attack an individual. Just like what the ALP did to Turnbull and say he is out of touch in the election campaign. Which is an attack on the individual.

Problem is that the Medicare reform taskforce set up under the LNP was investigating “modernising” the payment system - privatisation being one option. This from New Matilda:

That’s privatisation in my eyes.

It’s worth noting of course that this is not new - similar ideas were flagged during the first Rudd government too. It’s by no means new, but in a hostile political climate with apathy and dissatisfaction high among voters, it certainly helps make a scare campaign successful.

2 Likes

Not quite the same thing you were suggesting them to do.

Plus Turnball was out of touch with the election campaign so it was fact. He essentially admitted this by taking blame.

Opposition Leader Bill Shorten has conceded defeat in the federal election. The question is whether the Coalition will form government with a much reduced majority or with the support of Bob Katter.

Cathy McGowan is also giving confidence and supply

A good result for people over the age of 40 maybe. Not for everyone else

2 Likes

Not really everyone… A government can never please everyone or be good for everyone.

3 Likes

I thought LNP was going to get the magic number of 76 anyway. The postal votes have been going the way of the Coalition in seats that ALP were expected to gain have somehow gone to LNP.

Not sure of the laws by why is Bill Shorten so sure there will be another election before the end of the year.

Turnbull and maybe Bishop are the Coalition’s only popular leadership material, and if there’s a spill you can bet Julie wouldn’t have a chance against the bulk of the party.

The moderates lost this election and I doubt Turnbull has the numbers to fend off a leadership challenge for long. If his polling goes further south in the next twelve months, the pressure from the Deltons will be enormous.