Federal Politics

He might but it’s a big step for that dickhead to even admit his views were wrong once.

2 Likes

Like the Paris agreement.

3 Likes

A politician changing their view to suit the political climate? I’m shocked!

Anyway, only way for him to be gone is for people in his electorate to stop voting for him. I think this time he could be in trouble though thankfully with Zali.

I also reckon if the heat is kept on Anning and he keeps opening his mouth as he’s doing he’ll be gone in the next few weeks, won’t even need the parliament censure. All his movements will now be closely watched and everything he says and the anger will keep on him. Only problem is because he’s not in a party he has no leader who can tell him to bugger off.

1 Like

The only one who is a liar is Scott Morrison. Despicable person.

2 Likes

Awkward.

1 Like

So Morrison is lying. No surprises there.

1 Like

The media aren’t dropping it. This has been moved back to the top of the NewsCorp website.

1 Like

Not just his government. This goes right back to Howard

1 Like

And what gives you the right to make that judgement as to whether the egging (assault) was “what was deserved”? Assault is never right. Are we living in a third world barbarian country now?

The only people who should be blamed are the people who voted for Anning in the first place, but you know what, if Labor and Liberal parties weren’t filled with political hacks whose interest is in their own parties and self-interest rather than what is best for the entire country in the first place, this boom in minor parties wouldn’t be happening. Both Labor and Liberal have no one but themselves to blame for playing the political game and taking the people of Australia for granted.

1 Like

Wasn’t it just 19 people who voted him first?

1 Like

Whatever it was, it is the system we have. If he didn’t represent anyone, he wouldn’t be there.

1 Like

Gets trotted out a lot but discounts the 250,000 who voted above the line for One Nation in Queensland which saw them get two senators elected. He’s only there as next in line after Roberts was kicked out.

2 Likes

I was just checking back through the 2016 Federal Election thread (here), and noticed that around a similar point in the campaign (roughly 50 days out from the election), Turnbull had already called the election and all the major networks had announced their coverage.

Seems ScoMo is really playing this one out in comparison. No official announcement as of yet, would the NSW Election be a factor in this?

1 Like

I would say this would have been a major factor. Based on the performance of the LNP there too I’d say we’re likely to hear fairly soon of a date. There’s not much time left as it is, if it’s May as has been speculated there’s only a couple of weeks left. I know it’s not Australia but Brexit/Theresa May is likely to be big news for this next week but after that does/doesn’t go through it will go back a couple of pages in the news again.

2 Likes

They’ll call the election a few days after the budget.

2 Likes

Yes; they have to wait for the budget, the opposition’s reply, then Parliament can rise with the issue of the writs for the election.

1 Like

The front page of The Australian today says Liberal strategists are planning a federal election on May 11, the day before Mother’s Day. That means he must call the election by April 7.

I assume they won’t have to pass any budget legislation in this sitting?