Federal Politics

He was arrested and released without charge. Take up your white knighting with Victoria Police.

Anning is a fascist. If only we debated the Nazis in the 1930s instead yeah? Would’ve saved the whole bother of a genocide and a war.

2 Likes

So just so we’re cool, you’re still saying we can go and assault who we want to when we don’t agree? Sounds fair.

1 Like

Not at all. Anning wasn’t assaulted.

Ok, so rushing up behind someone and smashing an unknown thing into the back of their skull which is unwanted and not consented to is not assault now? How about a rock?

1 Like

He was released without charge. We’ve been egging politicians for over 100 years - it’s why the AFP now exists.

If you have an issue with how Anning was treated yesterday, you should research what we did to fascists in the 1940s.

Moreover, I suggest you rethink your stance here. If you think we should be defending someone who uses Nazi phrases to incite violence, and surrounds himself with Nazi thugs who used their bodies to assault a child (which, by any definition, does count as assault), that says more about your moral compass than mine.

1 Like

Apparently we’ve done a lot of things in the past which we’re not allowed to do now. I’m just saying assault is assault. Whether he got charged or not it is still assault and it would have been treated very differently if it was me doing that to a woman down the street who I disagreed with or if it was done to a different politician.

If you can’t get your point across without violence you need to refine your arguments.

1 Like

When the likes of Anning advocate the violence we saw in Christchurch being passive is no longer an option

1 Like

Condemning seemed to be working. Everybody knew who he was and everybody agreed he was an idiot. It opens up dangerous precedences when we accept and condone some acts of violence yet then describe as completely abhorrent others.

If condemnation worked then this attack wouldn’t have happened in the first place.

Anning called for a “final solution”. Using Nazi terminology is an abhorrent catch-cry for Nazi extremists like we saw on Friday. Condemnation is too late.
Two months later, Coalition senators supported a Hanson motion declaring it’s “ok to be white”. Clerical error or otherwise, condemnation is too late.

This far-right rhetoric is increasingly being adopted by the mainstream. It’s been vident in both major parties’ attitudes towards immigration (sorry, “border protection”) since 2001, and aiming for civility in a discourse that is increasingly far from it is ineffective.

I’m as much of a pacifist as anyone. Violence should be avoided wherever possible, but at this point we’re well past the debating stage.

2 Likes

And this?

3 Likes

Ongoing investigation. Completely normal not to charge someone on the day of an offence after being arrested.

https://www.police.vic.gov.au/moorabbin-incident

1 Like

I stand corrected

Also wrong. Enough force to detain but that was ridiculous.

1 Like

The kid must’ve gotten inspiration from the most recent French Presidential election.

Enough ingredients were thrown at Presidential hopefuls to bake a cake.

Such heroes… 6 “men” to hold down one kid :thinking:

3 Likes

Reported to have 2 black eyes

As a youth worker what those people did to that boy totally was inappropriate Six to one. Sure the kid didn’t have to egg him but the reaction from the senator and those supporters was way over the top.

That arrogant tool should resign. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

3 Likes

From the gravy train? No way, he’s not that stupid. Sadly his continued presence legitimises his extremist thoughts and those of his ilk.

Curious as to why he’s spending so much time in Melbourne when he’s a Queensland senator.

2 Likes

And, pray tell, what was their right to detain him?

Change has told The SMH the petition against Fraser Anning has “most signatures since the platform began but it was also the fastest-growing”. It is currently approaching 845,000 signatures and rising fast.

The petition is here:

1 Like