Federal Politics

Hot takes don’t come hotter. Or dumber. Or incorrect-er.

In fact I think this is probably MediaSpy’s hottest take ever.

Yeah Jon Howard is the way to go…by losing his own seat!

IMO you are in for a very big disappointment come May.

Countdown to the impending doom of the Liberal Party thread anyone?

No and no. That slogan … god no.

People see “Scomo” for what he is - a Hillsongesque Trump wannabe.

It just ain’t gonna happen my friend.

A good chance with Julie Bishop?? She’s retired from politics now. And good riddance.

Just it’s a pity they are some of the betters ones that are quitting leaving the ones that really should quit.

I’ve certainly had an increase in the number of phone calls for the polls the last couple of weeks, have had both ReachTel and NewsPoll as well as a couple of other phone surveys (not specifically fully election related)

i got called on my mobile the other night whilst in a lecture at uni. i would have let it go, but because i have 2 special needs kids i always answer in case it’s the hospital or the special school where my kids go.

I said if she had stayed and won the ballot. I will miss those crazy death stares she used to give.

It is basic statistics, using a small percentage to extrapolate the entire population. Always look for the margin for error.

It is an estimate of current voting intentions, not a guarantee.

Wasn’t he here only last year? Why the change this time?

A $50,000 security bill that hasn’t been paid might do it.

Due to his actions since his trip which have been deemed anti-Semitic and inciting violence.

In June last year Paypal suspended Yiannopoulos after he used the online payment system to send $14.88 to a Jewish journalist.

The number 1488 is used by white supremacists and neo-Nazis because ‘14’ represents the mantra of securing a future for white children and ‘88’ represents “Heil Hitler”.

The same month he sent threatening text messages to journalists, stating: “I can’t wait for the vigilante squads to start gunning journalists down on sight.”

The 33-year-old confirmed he wrote the messages but said that he sent them to the reporters as a way to troll them.

Would be nice if he wasn’t so immature.