Federal Politics

1 Like

Mass clean up at Liberals HQ. Good because they really need some new blood to rejuvenate.

Everyone sing along with meā€¦:musical_note::musical_note::musical_note:

Will be a great bloodbath to see liberals go and labor get back in power . :crazy_face:

I think like labor , liberal party suffers from faction splits in the main party with both hard conservatives and moderate conservatives. Thereā€™s not much unity and I can honestly say if they loose this may then they will have a lot of soul searching to do if they expect to be taken seriously again.

Iā€™m waiting for Dutton to piss off his comments about refugees are just inflammatory. His views only represent a small majority of Aussies (thank god) having to explain to the young refugees I work with about those comments really saddens me because itā€™s not they would have chosen for themselves .

The fact that labor has stuck with the same leader (Shorten) says to me they have learned their hard lessons from the Rudd- Gillard - rudd debucle. But I only question Shortens like ability and whether that can carry him through and his policies in May.

1 Like

I personally still think the Labor Party wouldā€™ve become even more popular than they are now if they strategically changed their leader to someone like Albanese or Plibersek when the Liberal Party was doing better in the polls (think Late 2015/Early 2016 when Turnbull had just taken over) but at this point in the game, itā€™s probably best to stick with Bill Shorten even though Iā€™m not sure if heā€™s likeable enough amongst the broader Australian public.

2 Likes

I agree I think one of those two would have been better to lead the labor party But if they changed leaders now it would be a bad and they loose all credit

3 Likes

Scomo can beat Shorten.

He just needs to lead a populist-style campaignā€¦ ā€˜Scomo and the Coalition teamā€¦ a safe pair of handsā€™ā€¦

All political messaging needs to come from Scomo himselfā€¦

(The belligerent, aggressive, petulant performance that Angus Fraser put on with Barrie this morning is a perfect example of why Scomo needs to be front and centre).

He barely has a message to identify with voters only scare mongering, about how Australia is in trouble with all these refugees .

Liberal party will pay at this election, even if they win, I can see them loosing more seats and knowing having a majority (maybe a hung parliament)

Itā€™s a hung parliament currently isnā€™t it?
Only has 73 of 150 seats and 31 of 76 in the Senate.

1 Like

Yes you are correct. We could be looking at that again. If Liberal wins and gets a majority, Iā€™d be very surprised. They would have a good chance with Julie Bishop if the Libs werenā€™t so backward in their treatment of women in general in politics. Scomo, in my belief has no chance.

The one thing I will say is that these polls that are coming out, I donā€™t trust them, only because they seem to only present a number of people surveyed, and not the whole of Australia. So no one can really know which way federal election will turn out.

1 Like

With the way the polls have been recently + some of the less hated Liberals such as Bishop & Pyne calling it quits, surely the Coalition is more likely to lose seats than gain new ones come Election time?

2 Likes

Oh I think itā€™ll be a landslide unless Shorten manages to do a Hewson or Latham. My point was was that itā€™s technically a hung parlicement currently.

1 Like

No.

The Liberals canā€™t survive as a liberal party.

They lost 17 seats at the last election with a liberal as their leader.

The fewer liberals in the party the better.

John Howard showed that being conservative is the way to goā€¦ and Scomo realises that and embraces it.

Hot takes donā€™t come hotter. Or dumber. Or incorrect-er.

In fact I think this is probably MediaSpyā€™s hottest take ever.

1 Like

Yeah Jon Howard is the way to goā€¦by losing his own seat!

1 Like

IMO you are in for a very big disappointment come May.

1 Like

Countdown to the impending doom of the Liberal Party thread anyone?

No and no. That slogan ā€¦ god no.

People see ā€œScomoā€ for what he is - a Hillsongesque Trump wannabe.

It just ainā€™t gonna happen my friend.

3 Likes

A good chance with Julie Bishop?? Sheā€™s retired from politics now. And good riddance.

Just itā€™s a pity they are some of the betters ones that are quitting leaving the ones that really should quit.

2 Likes