Federal Politics

Wow, this is even dodgier than it already appeared (and a great job from Fairfax/Nine revealing this):

So the LNP are so desparate (pathetic?), going so low as to creating a fake front to appear the public are behind their partisan attacks on Labor for daring to propose closing tax loopholes taken advantage of by the well off?

2 Likes

Theyā€™re making a bigger deal about the franking credits than anyone would care. It impacts 4% of the population. Itā€™s a non issue. Some wealthy pensioners miss out on a tax perk.

4 Likes

More likely wealthy people with self-managed super funds rather than pensioners, and even then theyā€™ll eventually restructure their investments to take advantage of the next-best available loophole.

Meanwhile the LNPā€™s foreigners-are-scary campaign hits another bump with Dutton caught out telling fibs again:
https://www.canberratimes.com.au/politics/federal/peter-dutton-claims-bill-shorten-ignored-top-level-security-briefings-on-kerryn-phelps-refugee-bill-20190207-p50w7t.html

Mr Dutton did not say exactly who had briefed Mr Shortenā€¦

Later, at a press conference, Mr Dutton said it was only his ā€œunderstandingā€ that Mr Shorten had been briefed, but acknowledged that such a meeting may not have actually occurred.

1 Like

I agree. If the Libs go too hard on this it will backfire on them badly. They dont really want to draw the attention of the 96% that arent getting benefit from this.

Scomo will win the next election.

It will be close, but he will do it.

Meatime Dutton will be kicked on his ass.

Are you deluded?

5 Likes

Tell me the seats (apart from Dickson) heā€™s going to lose?

Too many to name.

2 Likes

Well if you canā€™t even name oneā€¦

At least I canā€¦

Dullardā€™s seat.

:roll_eyes: Stop trolling.

2 Likes

Well if you canā€™t answer, just donā€™t bother answeringā€¦

Capricornia? Will Labor win that? Iā€™d suggest not.
Forde? Looks set to remain in LNP hands.

Herbert will probably go to the LNP and Corangamite will go to the Liberals.

Thereā€™s also Gilmore to consider, where Warren Mundine has been parachuted in as the Liberal candidate following Ann Sudmalisā€™ resignation. The Liberals currently hold a margin of 0.7%.

2 Likes

Corrangamite, Dunkley, Chisolm, will likely go in Victoria. Depending on mood of the real Liberal base, Kooyong, Flinders, Menzies. Deakin, Casey and Higgins may come into play. The coalition should win back Indi, but could possibly go to the Nats.

2 Likes

Higgins will be a Liberal win regardless.

Even a doey eyed dill was able to hold that seat.

Interesting what you say about Indiā€¦

We may even see some more three-cornered contests in 2019.

If Dutton loses his seat Liberals will lose the election. So your logic is all wrong.

5 Likes

Probably Cowprer, Gilmorre, Mallee along with Indi will be the three cornered contests.

Seeing how Bill Shorten reactedā€¦ or failed to react when the incident happened on Insiders last week and then watching either in Townsville or Geeveston earlier in the week (canā€™t remember which one it was) I noticed that he didnā€™t seem to really be interested in the stories he was hearing. I realise they probably arenā€™t but they need to at least look like it. I saw in a few places that was noticed too. If that gets too out of control it could certainly affect him.

Warringah.

The latest Newspoll analysis prepared for The Australian and published yesterday shows the government is on track to lose 24 seats across Australia.

Yeah, the Liberals are as good as dead.

3 Likes

No

1 Like