Federal Politics

No.

A hallmark of conservatism is our belief in freedom of speech.

Sorry if that upsets you leftist snowflakes.

Freedom of speech doesn’t mean there aren’t consequences over what you say.
I’ll give you an example, repeatedly using the term “lefties” or “leftist snowflakes” is actually offensive to some people, regardless of whether you think it is or it isn’t. I also think your repeated aggressive tone towards BrianC is unwarranted.
Personally, I’d enjoy an admin being much harsher with the moderation because I could safely say I’ve disagreed with at least 95% of what you’ve posted in this topic today but that would be me inflicting bias against your freedom of speech, which is very unfair if you’re contributing to the discussion.

2 Likes

This forum has rules and is moderated. Please read up on our FAQ/Rules section if you want further clarification of what we don’t tolerate here.

4 Likes

So, I’ve got an arm injury and didn’t actually get the lawn mown today (as everybody suspected, I’ve got a screw loose - just in the arm and not in the head)

But I just came back to see the near 100 posts and I apologise that my attempt at humour (two u’s) caused such great issues.

It did leave me feeling like this

1 Like

So let me get this straight you are complaining that your posts are being deleted? and then you say something decent about belief in freedom of speech and then you go insult the forum posters with that comment? Come on mate. Read the rules. We all get heated in the passion of politics from time to time but doesn’t give you the right to insult the people here who are trying to have an intellectual debate.

2 Likes

A hallmark of conservatism is the honour of tradition, and traditionally freedom of speech was only awarded to an aristocratic class, so either you’re accepting that conservatism - like any ideology - contradicts itself and those contradictions must be reconciled with, or you’re being obtuse and conflating that with a tenet of liberalism.

1 Like

No. I know the conservatism I subscribe to. That of Burke.

And Sir Roger.

Conservatism that lives and breathes. Wake up, my dear friend.

Could ask the same about you

3 Likes

Crap.
Nevermind, forget what I said.

Ah, you can have him, we insist.

1 Like

I’ll start from the start.
I’m Glenn (not that you’re allowed to ask for personal information of another forum member but I’ll allow it given it’s in my username).
I was as regular here, if not more, than you before today (can be easily searched).
I think my first answer actually answers the first bit.
If you really want to know (can’t be arsed scrolling up about 30 posts, I enquired as to why this had 60odd posts today. Then somehow you got to lecturing me about you being a LNP life member and PM Morrison having a bus with LNP on it.
Hope this clears it all up.
Oh, and just a little FYI, I’m rather bored with your line of discussion, so we will leave it at that. Thanks for your understanding, enjoy your night.

2 Likes

Freedom of Speech is uneeded.

Long live Chairman Kim.

Dotcom?

1 Like

Yes.

1 Like

Mega.

I couldn’t give a stuff that you’re a conservative, each to their own, but what really irritates me is that you’ve resorted to behaving like a dickhead - if you can’t have a sensible discussion without the name calling then you’ll get penalty boxed.

Enough posts have been removed from this thread today - it won’t be posts from here on in, it will be posting privileges

6 Likes

And take off in the boat that carried her ASAP and leave her there :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

Are you sure about that? You may want to check your facts (something sadly lacking in much of politics recently).
For example take a look at Tasmania right now; aren’t the Libs in gov’t there, and didn’t they get there without even one National party MP?
http://www.parliament.tas.gov.au/tpl/DataSheets/MP_State_Federal.htm

Let’s at least keep to the facts, even if we disagree about possible underlying causes & alternative ideas on what should be done in the future, and (as I now see) others have said let’s try to avoid name-calling.

3 Likes

Jesus this extremist will just not shut up. First he realise people might just not want to vote for him and his ultra conservative views. He’s a real sore loser. We do not want the likes of this Abbott sympathieser in the parliament. The only good thing about all this mess is seeing the liberals tear each other apart. Shows what type of humans these people are. The likes of Molan and that Craig Kelly person need to go.

1 Like

It takes an impressive effort to make me miss my regular slapfights with Firetorch, but the shittiness of this thread made me yearn for late 2016, if only because the quality of debate was higher then…

4 Likes

Craig Kelly is the gift that keeps on giving. His bizarre rant is reason enough why he should not be endorsed.

3 Likes