Federal Politics

OK.
It’s LNP in Queensland. Can’t be LNP in Tasmania, where I live for example, due to a distinct lack of a National Party until former Devonport mayor Steve Martin suddenly decided he was one after he replaced the ineligible Jacqui Lambie. You do realise that is a bus PM Morrison had whilst in QLD? Would look incredibly stupid to be going round in a bus that has the wrong party name on it, now wouldn’t it? He’s a Liberal member for some seat in the Sutherland shire (exact name escapes me at the minute), and is part of a Liberal and National Party coalition which just so happen to have a closer bond in QLD as one party. You, of course, know this by being a life member of the LNP.
As for that, I don’t care who you are/aren’t a life member of, thought that was clearly obvious.
As for the spelling of humour, UQ (which I can only assume is the Uni of QLD or something) has led you astray with the spelling of that particular word.
As for jibes, I think you need to look up what it means in the dictionary because I haven’t made any.

5 Likes

Scomo is aligned, don’t you worry about that mate. And he will punished for it and hope Dutton as well. This whole government reeks of suppression of the Australian people.

Furniture? wtf? Don’t you mean future.

2 Likes

Why does she need to win QLD when the National party dominate in that region anyway? This fascination with QLD from everyone is totally baffling. There are so many other states that need focussing on and she would be strong in all of those if she ‘allegedly’ isn’t in QLD.

By furniture he means seats,

It’s a term thats used in NZ and refers to 1990 when Mike Moore was made Prime Minister. His sole job was to “Save the furniture” (Seats)

Im not sure what to think of PM Morrison and President Trump meeting as yet. The news report I saw made it sound like Trump didnt know who our PM was.

1 Like

Sounded like he only just found out that Turnball was shafted. They seemed chummy though, but I give it 3 weeks before Trump will scream into the phone receiver and slam the phone down on our worthless PM :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Thanks for explaining :slight_smile:

1 Like

Complete and utter rubbish. I won’t bother listing all the Liberal only governments past and present.

3 Likes

Agreed. If I could like this post twice, I would!

I know all about the “38 Newspolls in a row” stuff but wasn’t Turnbull actually not that far behind Shorten in the polls before the spill happened in August? Prior to that, I reckon the Liberal party actually might’ve still been able to win the next Federal Election but not now!

Malcolm Turnbull was rolled in favour of Tony Abbott around Late November/Early December 2009. With the benefit of hindsight, probably the start of what was to come.

And yes I’m aware that Brendan Nelson was the pre-Turnbull Opposition Leader after Rudd became PM. But somehow, I couldn’t have seriously imagined Brendan Nelson winning an election!

…or as awful as this sounds, unless something 2001-like happens which turns voters conservative again.

Not something I really want to happen of course, but unfortunately it wouldn’t overly surprise me if the Coalition are hoping for something like that.

3 Likes

And if anyone is as sceptical as I am - after watching Scandal - the Government could make something like this happen.

I do think this is the reason why the election will be pushed back as far as they can.

1 Like

Tasmania currently is one example.

3 Likes

Morrison is an ex advertising executive and not a very good one from all accounts. Anything you see as genuine and authentic is phony. He’s nothing more than a Charlatan.

4 Likes

South Australia, any Liberal Government in Victoria until Kennett, the former Liberal minority government in WA the list goes on. We all know how the dodgy Nats under Joh managed to win majority government in Queensland all those years ago.

3 Likes

Thanks ‘ScoMo’

Guess that settles the pavlova debate then lmao

3 Likes

And Russell Crowe… unfortunately

1 Like

No?

OK. I’ll go elsewhere and leave you lefties to it.

:champagne::clinking_glasses:

2 Likes

This particular didn’t want to participate in a healthy debate, instead took everything personally or dished out insults. What did this person expect? If you know they just actually took aboard the opinions… Maybe they wouldn’t have felt threatened to leave.

or my second theory it’s Santa on a Christmas drinking bindge :stuck_out_tongue:

Perfectly fine if you don’t resort to personal attacks. Which you did. Feel free to continue discussion, but going by history on this site, conservatives generally don’t feel comfortable with the moderated nature of this forum.

3 Likes