Federal Politics

He probably thinks it is Halal Mal. But I suggest it would be Pauline Hanson.

So whose forcing you to buy those products?

You just get the ones that are notā€¦ Are you actually saying this? :bangbang:

No we will boycott those products. Australianā€™s dont want halal. I donā€™t want butchers etc in supermarkets to have their meats halal. Itā€™s offensive.

If they want eat halal for whatever reason, then i simply want my right to non-halal food.

If thereā€™s a difference, please tell me? There isnā€™t a difference, therefore companies shouldnā€™t pay a fee for this label.

Itā€™s attitudes of ā€œit isnā€™t a problemā€ as to why we are turning to non Labor and Liberal.

1 Like

I donā€™t think you know what you are talking about. This is clearly coming from someone who is uneducated on the matter.

YOU HAVE YOUR RIGHT TO NON HALAL FOOD. They are not removing non halal food they are just asking to have halal certified food as an option as well!!!

1 Like

What about kosher food on supermarket shelves and delis or kosher butchers?

Itā€™s not imposed upon us like halal.

So for example: M&Mā€™S are halal certified - can you advise me where I can find non-halal M&M"S?

1 Like

I need to ask this. Are you reading the posts? No one has ever said it is imposed on you like halal.

haha its because M&Mā€™s have always been halal certified. They just have the certificate now. Nothing has ever changed in the way they have made them.

I feel like I am talking to a fucken monkey.

EDIT: If you want non halal M&Mā€™s add some meat or gelatin in them haha

3 Likes

So why wont they get rid of the halal certification logo? Why does it need to be ā€œcertifiedā€

Because many Muslims will only eat halal food. So putting the certification on the food helps those who are muslim, speak minimal English or have English as a second language understand the foods they can eat. Isnā€™t it great we can accommodate all cultures in our amazing country?

A lot of sweets are not halal food so most would presume M&Mā€™s would be the same. Which they are not.

Maybe you should check out the [Halal Snack Pack Appreciation Society (HSPAS)]
(Redirecting...) Facebook group. 185,000+ Australian members tell me that Australianā€™s do want halal. I have no clue what reality youā€™re on if you donā€™t think Australianā€™s want halal.

4 Likes

Only eat halal food? LOL.

This is Australia, we are multi-racial. Multi-culturalism has failed this country.

They have a religion which they go by. Australia is a multi cultural country which accepts all religions. Its in the constitution for crying out loud. Halal food is done in a particular way. I think you should do some research on this because I believe you are quite uneducated on the matter and you are looking like a fool.

1 Like

You are disconnected to grassroot Australians. We accept religions but not ideologies.

So all other majorities need to have their food blessed for a majority. Come on!

1 Like

OH MY GOD. That is not what is happening! DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND. M&Mā€™s have no meat so are not blessed. And are fine for Muslims to eat. Meat on the other hand for Muslim to eat needs to be blessed. There are places that do this. they slaughter the meat differently and bless it or say a pray. If you do not want the blessed meat you do not need to buy that certified meat. There will still be options for you without the halal option. DO YOU UNDERSTAND???

Seriously you have no idea what you are talking aboutā€¦ Lay out what you donā€™t understand and I can direct you in the correct place to educate yourself. Perhaps stop listening to the drivel Pauline discusses and you could become a lot more educated.

2 Likes

Thatā€™s good then.

Are you fucking serious? The food is the same. There is no evil muslim poison in it.

3 Likes

You do realise that some food is also certified Kosher also. Are you proposing that is also removed. Mars bars are Kosher I think.

2 Likes

Yes, they have the same sort of certification for Kosher food. Both Mars & M&Ms are on that list too, along with most brands of confectionery sold in Australia.

http://www.ka.org.au/index.php/component/option,com_kosherdb/Itemid,60/catid,14/