Federal Politics

Guess.

It took me a while to figure that one out haha.

Who else is there to lead the party?

Julie Bishop “the loyal deputy” or Scott Morrison who can’t prosecute the case in his own portfolio.

The only choice is Peter Dutton to unite the Liberal base and get back fighting.

Australians have had enough of Malcon dithering and not standing up for us.

Like I said, Christian Porter.

Agree, definitely not Scott or Julie. Both are crap.

As mentioned earlier Turnbull can’t do what his party won’t let him.

Plus, the Liberals have never struck me as a party who would ‘stand up for us’.
What have they done like that in the last decade which could be characterised like that (ideally that didn’t overall make things worse)?

What Turnbull wants to do is Labor policy.

Abbotts five point plan sounded reasonable to me.

This guy can’t even make spending cuts in the right areas - deficit has grown!

Pauline Hanson is the only viable alternative in this country, she’ll stand up for the Australian way of life.

Turnbull has been better this year. I think several things - Trump, Brexit, One Nation, Abbott sniping - have been wake up calls for him.

http://www.skynews.com.au/news/top-stories/2017/02/28/abbott-invited-to-join-bernardi-s-party.html

Bernardi wants to give Abbott a “warm welcoming embrace”. I thought they were against that sort of thing. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

What is halalmal?

I can list 23.31 million people that would be a better alternative… I cannot believe someone is actually saying Pauline Hanson is the only viable alternative in this country. OMG. haha. Lets see if we can fill that sentence out better:

Pauline Hanson is the only viable alternative to host the next season of MKR.

3 Likes

Clearly then Malcolm should be in the labor party, not the liberal party ? :wink:

Opinion polls don’t really (in my view and from what I have seen in my young adult life on this planet) mean anything at this point. Since 2007 and the election of Rudd, everyone including the news/media have been obssessed with opinion polls predicting the latest of who’s going to out’s whom. Granted we had the Rudd-Gillard-Rudd-Abbott-Turnball incident , so opinion polls only present a small number of people they don’t necessarily reflect what the rest of Australia thinks.

Come election time here in W.A , time will tell if Labor will be the preferred party to vote for in a new turn. We will see though - this is the one that we should keeping an eye on because it will give us a preview if after the failed Turnbull government (lol let’s face it it hasn’t really gone really that well for him) whether a new labor government will be able to form fully at the next election.

Come WA Election day - it could be a blood bath. If I was to believe the opinion polls down here, we could definetly see a labor in power. With only a week to go, we will see though.

He was trying to be a smartarse, describing Malcolm Turnbull as Halal Mal. Trying to paint him as some sort of Muslim sympathiser when he tries to keep the country united, as opposed to right wingers who divide sections of the community with their views.

2 Likes

Halalmal refers to his stance on Islam and halal.

The biggest effect of (bad) opinion polls is to cause goverment members in marginal seats to panic and start agitating for change.

Well possibly not when it comes to election point. But they would have to mean something to the political parties. Its is highly naive to think otherwise. Of course they will look at polls and target areas that are swing votes or are target areas wanting change. Polls are more important in the lead up to an election than anyone gives credit for. This is their planning time. What areas should they target. What issues should they make a priority. How do they get this information? Polls. When? Around this time after/before an election.

Oh… So is there something wrong with a right winged politician being culturally aware and accepting? I get very frustrated with people mentioning halal. Its not a new thing and in many countries halal certified food has been around for decades. What is the big issue? That someone believes something that is religiously different to the majority of Australians? Does halal affect those people? No.

1 Like

Why should we the 97.8% eat halal if it doesn’t affect us? It’s a matter of principle. I don’t want it.

1 Like

Are you that naive? There is an alternative. Eat halal or eat non halal. That is what they do in the UK.

Who is making you eat halal?

1 Like

Halal certification on products.

1 Like