Federal Politics

And our PM would be Bill Shorten, if that was the case then it would be just as bad as Bill Shorten is deeply unpopular with the Australian voters. I can’t see him lasting long in office.

1 Like

@turdall I remember seeing Attorney-General George Brandis saying that a plebiscite will happen this year after the election, and that politicians will respect Australian’s public view. Labor and the Greens had so many attempts to try and pass the bill but failed again and again over 6 years.

1 Like

Well surely if they’re going to “raise taxes”, that’d justify spending more money in the budget because of the increase in revenue?

But then again, please, go ahead and vote based on hyperbole, rather than facts.

1 Like

Mate, national debt rose 50% after Hockey’s first budget. The Coalition aren’t savvy spenders at all. Debt was expected to peak at $55bn under Labor but is now expected to peak at $125bn under the Coalition.

Either way, my first post was a prediction. I would hope for a Greens-Labor joint government in my perfect world, but a hung parliament with NXT being the King maker is more likely given the electoral map.

3 Likes

@AustralianAerial said something about the Murdoch papers in the Q&A thread, it really does stink, but it’s so transparent what they’re doing to Duncan I feel it may backfire and harm the Turnbull campaign. Certainly hypocritical for News Corp to talk about taxing the poor when the company doesn’t pay any tax itself!

2 Likes

NT Senator Nova Peris has announced she will not re-contest her seat in July’s federal election. Speculation is the former Olympian will take up the role as AFL’s head of diversity.

1 Like

Former Australian Idol and Wake Up co-host James Mathison is set to run as an independent in the New South Wales seat of Warringah in July’s Federal election, reports The Age. The seat’s current MP is former Liberal leader and Prime Minister, Tony Abbott.

2 Likes

All I say is good luck to him, as he is gonna need it.

1 Like

Against the unstoppable force of Onion Breath.

1 Like

ABC ticker saying Meryl Swanson, former Super Radio Network and 2NURFM announcer, has won the seat of Patterson with the ALP.

1 Like

Good on Pauline Hanson for picking up expected 4 seats in th Senate. Pauline Hanson is saying what a lot of people want to hear.

1 Like

Then why did Pauline Hanson get in? She may be controversial but the voters are willing to give her another shot. I’d rather Pauline then the Greens.

1 Like

She got 140,000 first preference votes. Nothing to see here.

Hopefully Sam Datayri can take her for a halal snack pack in western Sydney. That exchange was hilarious. She’s a fucking joke.

4 Likes

no…just no

4 Likes

Like the “Christian Muslims” remark which made no sense to anyone on this planet apart from her?

6 Likes

Is this a serious comment? She is what is wrong with some Australians.

6 Likes

Source?

Also: this in Fairfax − “Hanson is pushing for a royal commission into climate science and Islam and wants to abolish the Family Law Court
She’s not just a racist, she’s also hates the judicial system

3 Likes

They haven’t won 4 seats. Well not yet anyway.

They should win 2 seats in QLD. Most likely one in NSW and possibly one in WA. Which says a lot about people in these areas :stuck_out_tongue:

I wonder if people actually knew the policies One Nation had before voting for her. Here are some highly offensive policies she has:

• install surveillance cameras in all Mosques
  • Hold a Royal Commission into the corruption of Climate Change Science (and everything else after yesterdays comments) - she wants all subsidies and financially advantages removed.
  • Stop Muslim immigration and the intake of Muslim refugees
  • Doesn’t agree with same sex marriage as one day it could lead to adults marrying 9 years olds - like WHAT?
  • Wants to abolish Multiculturalism and the racial discrimination act
  • Ban Halal certification
  • Opposes taking guns from law abiding Australians - she thinks gun laws are too strict
  • Ban the burqa and niquab in public places

We live in a democracy and everyone is entitled to a view. But I really hope people had a look at some of her highly offensive, obviously racist and discriminatory policies before putting a vote down for any of her party representatives.

3 Likes