Federal Election 2016 Media Coverage

I saw that exchange too and found it to be quite interesting. She did acknowledge though that stunts like ‘The Crusher’ (and I would add Seven’s ‘Tower of Power’ as well) have a place in election night coverage otherwise people wouldn’t watch

4 Likes

The whole set turns yellow too! As was said to me, its polished tackiness - who thought it was possible!

2 Likes

It all looks very sport rather than a news package. Its dark, blokes, NFL looking.

But they’re not.

SBS Special

1 Like

Alan Jones and Senator James McGrath on bed wetting and grubs. From Seven News on YouTube.

Series of updates and crawlers

2 Likes

Nines’ Set looks great. well done.

5 Likes

3 Likes

I’ve liked Ten’s coverage. Everything necessary and no added dribble that seems to continue for hours on end with rolling coverage. A good alternative and it will be interesting to see how the ratings go.

2 Likes

Does Nine have a bigger election desk than The Chaser? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3 Likes

Seven chased the PM “motorcade”

2 Likes

The few seconds I glimpsed at Seven’s coverage whilst surfing channels I just instantly cringed.

God awful. Incredibly tacky. The whole ‘let’s be irreverent’ idea is terrible but the fact that they take themselves seriously with all of their bullshit like the ‘tower of power’ just adds to the joke that is their coverage. Graphics are shocking too.

I hope it rates like crap.

10 Likes

Despicable conduct shadowing Turnbull’s car, yet Mark Ferguson (or whoever that is) is enjoying the car chase.

5 Likes

6 Likes

2 Likes

2 Likes

Turnbull is the prime minister but after those speeches it’s Shorten who looked prime ministerial. Bizarre turn of events.

5 Likes

Nine’s coverage wrapped up at 12.43am, the ABC’s finished at 12.46am and Seven was the last to clock off at 12.47am

Rest assured that I have recorded all of Nine’s coverage but understandably, it might take some time to get the best screencaps from about seven hours of coverage.

3 Likes

Ten’s Paul Bongiorno on ABC’s The Drum: Election After Party. It’s good he had somewhere to go as there was nothing he could have done at Ten.

7 Likes