Federal Election 2016 Media Coverage

You’re stretching now to suit your argument. She was merely involved in her regular job - reading the Saturday night news then wasn’t seen again which was ridiculous considering she had been front and centre on election nights for years.

Ferguson is going to get absolutely steam rolled by Latham, Jones and Lambie. Get the popcorn ready if you’re silly enough to sit through it.

3 Likes

I agree.

And to be honest, I think that Seven would probably only give Melissa Doyle a minimal (or none at all, outside her usual role of reading Sydney’s 6pm bulletin like any other Saturday night) role in their Federal Election coverage if she was available for it.

Huh? I thought it was meant to be Offspring?!

that is what I thought but seemingly though I am wrong.

The Sydney EPG has 7:30 MasterChef.

I was quite careful to say that she was “involved on election night” rather than in the actual election coverage.

I am as critical as anybody about the decisions that Seven has made in recent years but I do think it’s unfair to say that Chris was “hidden” away.

Early look at ABC’s set and graphics

6 Likes

Yep, as I expected. The ABC for me on election night.

ABC Election day coverage

1 Like

If Michael and Virginia were on, what were Andrew and Miriam doing?

They started at 10am after Michael and Virginia.

Nine News set in studio 22, a little different compared to the past few elections.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BHV-YFjBFiN/?taken-by=9news
(From 9News Instagram)

9 Likes

That looks great! :smiley:

1 Like

As has always happened on federal election day…

Ch 10 > Ch 7 are obligated to broadcast the Saturday night AFL game in Melbourne on the main channel…

Probably not what the Seven Network wanted :confused:

Good pick up for Ch 9 however…

Yet even Jeff Kennett & co are on their coverage.

Also, I saw Alan Jones (from Sunrise & 2GB radio) on Seven’s election promos.

Anyone know if Neil Mitchell (from The Today Show & 3AW radio) will be appearing on Ch 9’s election coverage?

[quote=“utaussiefan, post:220, topic:1122”]
Nine News set in studio 22, a little different compared to the past few elections.
[/quote]Like that. The desk is nice (would look good if all the desks are joined together for programs like Today). No prizes for guessing who gets the comfy chair…

SBS will have a special 30 minute bulletin Vote 2016 at 10.30pm AEST tonight wrapping up the election count. It will be shown live across Australia interrupting SBS’ live telecast of the first stage of Tour de France.

Even SBS can do a special bulletin yet the fuckers at ten are bloody useless. Unbelievable in 2016.

4 Likes

Seven is unwatchable in SD. Their graphics aren’t clear. Their panel is vile with Jones and Latham.

Nines graphics are great. Looks brilliant in HD. Pretty good panel overall as well.

Looking forward to ABC tonight. Innovative set and coverage. Shame it’s not in HD.

Sky News doing a pretty good job.

1 Like

The 7 set looks squished and the participants as crammed together. On Channel 9 it looks like they actually planned for this.

I’m voting for Channel 9 (and the Liberal Party) this election!

2 Likes

[quote=“AmbroseRPM, post:227, topic:1122”]
The 7 set looks squished
[/quote] Their desk that is being used was the on seen before the Sunrise/Seven News relaunches before it went MIA.

And the graphics for Seven’s coverage - yuck!!!

1 Like