Fast Food/Takeaways and Restaurants

A new store can be installed very quickly. Yes, installed.

There’s been a few near me that were literally trucked to the location in pre-constructed pieces and put together on site. Might depend on the size of the store though.

Maybe time for Papa Johns to buy them out and expand to Australia.

1 Like

Papa Bless.

1 Like

Do you want some sodie pops with it?

1 Like

or pizza pizza from canada

Seems like Retail Food Group (who own Crust and Pizza Capers) might be interested in buying Eagle boys

I’ve never even really heard of Eagle Boys Pizza. Looking it up they are only in country locations in Victoria. Are they mostly common in regional areas?

There’s a couple in this part of the world, think there’s a couple of outlets in the Burbs around Brisbane and Ipswich.

Used to be a few Eagle Boys in Southern NSW, but I’m pretty sure they all disappeared within the last 5 years.

We had a quite a few of them in Newcastle, going back to the early 90s even.
They were around for quite a while.
There’s only 1 left now (Mayfield).

The new Heatherbrae’s Pies at Sutton Forest on the Hume Highway is a disappointment. The coffee is good, but the pies are very average and nothing like my memory of the pies at the original near Raymond Terrace. I’ve had the chicken and vegetable pie which was bland, had no real taste, and the vegetables were just from a pack of frozen vegetables. The sausage roll was also nothing special and was bland. Yesterday I had the shepard’s pie, and while the mashed potato on top was okish, the meat was chunks of overcooked tough steak rather than tender juicy steak I was expecting. Their cinnamon donuts were kept in the refrigerated display so they were cold and chewy rather than being hot and fluffy. I’ll probably try them again as the coffee was good. I really hope they improve the quality of the pies.

A Maccas in the UK is introducing a ‘walk-thru’ http://www.9news.com.au/world/2016/07/30/13/53/uk-mcdonalds-launches-worlds-first-walk-thru

Having worked many years (many years ago) in Fast Food you’d be surprised how many people tried to ‘walk thru’ the drive thru. Can only imagine it’s worse these days.

walk-thrus exist in some US fast food outlets like Jack in the Box.

Not a bad idea.
I remember attempting to walk-Thru at Maccas after a night out during my teenage years, so i’m sure a lot of people probably try it.

Considering that there a few “24 hours” McDonald’s that are limited to the drive thru (they will refuse to serve you if you don’t have a car) I don’t see why they wouldn’t allow it, or at least have a window for pedestrians so they can serve non-car people without having the whole restaurant open.

There are already walk throughs in Europe. Specifically 5 years ago when I was in Lithuania (or possibly Latvia, it was one of those two countries) I remember going to a walk through at McDonalds. Basically just a window outside the store so you didn’t have to go right in. Also in Central America / South America it’s common for there to be a dessert bar window at the front of the store so if you are only getting a soft serve, sundae or mcflurry you don’t have to go into the store either. It’s a good idea as it’s quicker if that’s all you are getting.

The dessert bars (and occasionally, completely separate dessert kiosks) are all over SE Asia as well.

there was a desert kisok for a while next to the maccas at central station in brisbane. it petered out and stopped being opened than eventually it was demolished.

I know there are some Eagle Boys in my location (metro WA).