Fast Food/Takeaways and Restaurants

i’ve noticed this in the mornings as well. they don’t open the self serves until 9:30 or so near me so if your ducking in for bread and milk for breakfast it’s actually more inconvenient to go to coles than wollies

Whereabouts was that? It’s not exactly new, years ago I lived around Caulfield, favourite cafe didn’t do bacon or ham. Wasn’t advertised as bacon so not deceptive in any way.

You would think so but a number of times I have added bacon to the burger and they havent put it on

1 Like

I often go to a Coles store on my way to work about 7.30am and self serve checkouts havent been opened yet, usually the only checkout open is the one by the cigarettes but often it gets busy and they open the checkout next to it.

Grill’d has launched four new burgers, using plant-based pattie from Beyond Meat, hence the name Beyond Burgers. They are not vegetarian burgers as such because the range includes a crispy bacon and cheese burger. Looking forward to try one soon.

1 Like

This is the type of vegetable burger I like - actual vegetables.

VEGE STACK (gf) $22
Stack of seasonal roasted vegetables, rocket, balsamic reduction, pesto mayo & sweet potato crisps.

And it is very nice. It’s at the Eling Forest Cafe and Winery at Sutton Forest on the Hume Highway, north of McDonald’s. I highly recommend the cafe. The chicken burger is also nice.

I’ve passed the sign for it many times but have never stopped in, mainly because I’m in that area mid morning when heading south. I’ll give it a go next time I do a day trip down there.

It would probably get more customers if it was on the southbound side. That would place it before, rather than after, McDonalds.

1 Like

Saw an ad for Red Rooster’s Buttermilk Chicken Hellfire Burger range tonight during My Kitchen Rules. I think it’s taking KFC (which has its Zinger) head on. If Red Rooster is to survive it needs to add more items to its menu.

I had the medium Hellfire burger the other day. I didn’t find it particularly spicy, so I might have to give the hot one a go next time.

:thinking:

Following in the footsteps of the Zinger no doubt (which to me doesn’t even register as having any additional spice, just additional crunch)

Yeah, I think the only real ‘zing’ is in the sauce, not the actual chicken.

I don’t find the Zinger spicy at all :man_shrugging:

You should try the Zinger Burger from KFC in Singapore then, it tastes far more Spicer than the Zinger in KFC Australia.

A guy in Launceston ordered the McPickle burger and they made it.

And when you ask for no pickles but they slip one on anyway.

1 Like

First thing I always do with any McDonalds or Hungry Jacks Burger, take out the pickles.

2 Likes

Only in Tassie eh?

The McPickle was a decent April Fools’ prank. It reminds me of this screen from Super Mario 64- Mario is saying “Lets-a-go” but it (still) sounds like “McPickle” to me!

1 Like

A 3 kilogram burger that costs as much as a good TV?
The world has truly gone mad.

Reminds me of my first trip to Texas in 1996, I went to the Big Texan Steak Ranch in Amarillo, they have a 72oz (2.2 kg) steak challenge. If you eat it ALL plus the sides, you got it for free ($72 otherwise) and I thought that was insane.

2 Likes
1 Like

A while ago Pizza Hut were running a competition to promote their Unreal Deals range. You had to record you own rendition of the Unreal Deals jingle and submit it to them (also drawing a YT upload) and you were in the draw to win $10,000. I didn’t win, but here’s my entry:

1 Like