Fast Food/Takeaways and Restaurants

I’ve occasionally seen post-mix Pepsi & associated drinks at shopping centre food court KFCs, but I’m pretty sure most of them sell bottled drinks.

5 Likes

My local KFC is just bottled/canned beverages.

3 Likes

From a Victorian perspective, almost all stores i’ve been to in my area have bottled drinks. However, I have been to one in a relatively major shopping centre with post mix drinks put into a small cup. There is an extremely limited drink option in that store which is annoying, not even Solo.

3 Likes

Speaking of pizza chains, whatever happened to Pizza Haven? Did the company go bankrupt?

The company went defunct after it was bought out by Eagle Boys Pizza in July 2008.

1 Like

Well, the algorithm works.

11 Likes

What beverage does KFC carry in the west?

Last time I was in WA in October 2012, they were carrying Pepsi on their stores. Not sure if that’s changed since.

Thanks. I recall reading that there’s a couple of states that come under different ownership than the rest. Can’t recall the details but thought perhaps they had different beverage agreements.

Yep, bottled Pepsi products in WA for as long as I can remember. I’m not sure exactly where I read or saw it, but some KFC’s were carrying Coke post-mix.

Collins Food Group-owned KFC’s had some differences IIRC, versus the Cowin-owned ones.

1 Like

Likely because PepsiCo in used to own it until 1997, and would have had a strong relationship past that point. The franchises here would probably have always had some degree of separation so maybe could have done a different deal, but that link was certainly there.

Yeah, shopping centres are the only place I’ve seen post-mix at a KFC. That said, I prefer post-mix over the bottled stuff, so I wish more places did what Subway do and have both.

4 Likes

For many years McDonald’s sold only CCA’s Mount Franklin bottled water but in recent years has changed to Asahi/Schweppes’ Cool Ridge. Have to wonder how that happened.

2 Likes

I’ve only seen postmix at shopping centres and at one Service Centre in rural Victoria.

1 Like

Even then, many food court stores have bottled drinks. I am glad that Westfield Geelong does bottles as when I lived in Adelaide, Westfield Marion had post mix and that tasted horrible

Post mix soft drinks taste terrible.

They do. On the rare occassion I get Maccas I get bottled water instead.

1 Like

Taco Bell have the PepsiCo/Schweppes range…

Self-serve postmix… I actually prefer it when dining in… order a medium… have one while waiting for the meal… have another after…

1 Like

Anything not reachable by a Lime Scooter is not worth scooting to.

I made this petition a while ago. Does anyone agree with me?

Abso-fucking-lutely not.

Also you have provided no reason why it should go. What’s the point?

3 Likes