Fast Food/Takeaways and Restaurants

No Mexican for the Mexicans?

Victoria has its own Mexican restaurant chain Taco Bill (around 30 restaurants across Melbourne plus Albury, Ballarat and Geelong), no relation to Taco Bell of course.

The apple content in this apple flavoured Kombucha is 0.1%. I think this is the lowest flavour content I have ever seen.

2 Likes

US bakery chain Cinnabon is coming to Australia. Bansal Group, which runs six Carl’s Jr restaurants locally, will launch Cinnabon in SE Queensland in the third quarter of this year, before expanding into Sydney next year and Melbourne in 2021.
https://www.couriermail.com.au/lifestyle/food/qld-taste/qld-company-obtains-australian-rights-to-us-bakery-franchise-cinnabon/news-story/3d91f2a76912c353040255e8ef7d3ea5

1 Like

Hopefully they won’t stick them in far-flung places on the side of highways and actually place some in the city…

1 Like

Surely it’s the kind of place you’d just license out as a product to sell - kinda like how Krispy Kreme works mostly as just a product at 7-Eleven with very few standalone stores.

I like getting a cinnamon bun from Ikea on occasion, but I’d not go out of my way to a Cinnabon.

from the article:

The Queensland outlets will be concentrated in high pedestrian areas in southeast Queensland shopping centres from the middle of the year.

Unlike the burger franchise, which has been rolled out at Logan, Ipswich and the Gold Coast, Cinnabon will have a strong presence closer to Brisbane’s CBD.

1 Like

Cinnabon is quite late to market considering the interest in the product, there are numerous fancy cinnamon bun bakeries here in Perth, so I assume similar bakeries would have already opened over east long ago.

Even Breadtop do a Cinnabon knockoff type bun (which is actually very good!)

Perhaps Saul Goodman will be coming too?

2 Likes

Pizza Hut Australia has dumped Schweppes in favour of Coca-Cola Amatil. The new deal is for five years.

7 Likes

Somehow doubt they’ll see the same reaction that Dominos got when they switched from CCA to Schweppes

3 Likes

If anything, there may even be people cheering about the possibility of having Coca-Cola soft drinks (which if I’m not mistaken, are vastly more popular than Pepsi/Schweppes products in this country) at Pizza Hut?

Mind you, I wonder when the transition begins. A quick check of the Pizza Hut website suggests that Pepsi/Schweppes soft drinks are still on the menu for now.

2 Likes

Coca-Cola Amatil’s beverages and equipment will roll out in Pizza Hut restaurants in coming weeks.

I always associate Pizza Hut with Pepsi. Perhaps this is a new round of cola war?
Coca-Cola Amatil has also secured the business of Hungry Jack’s, Red Rooster and Oporto.

2 Likes

With this being a notable omission, I wonder how well McDonalds Australia and Coca-Cola Amatil have been getting along recently. Doesn’t Maccas have to use CCA like just about everyone else in this country who wants to sell Coca Cola beverages these days?

I am a member of the Oporto loyalty scheme and received a market research email about switching to Pepsi/Schweppes about this time last year. So they were considering it. I don’t drink Cola so my answers were probably not much use to them.

1 Like

I had the same thing from Red Rooster last year

Pizza Huts still exists?, the one where I live closed down 11 years ago. Always use to go to Pizza Hut when I was younger, for the all you can eat the works, fantastic valve, that meant all you can eat soft serve ice cream with sprinkles! :grinning:

1 Like

What beverage does KFC carry in the east?

Pepsi

2 Likes

I remember reading that KFC drinks differ between some states.

Is it bottled or post-mix Pepsi?