Fast Food/Takeaways and Restaurants

So it’s not that special after all now with it being marked down by more than half?

which is a shame as it was for the charity

1 Like

You can get a basically identical product from a certain Status Quo approved supermarket every day of the week, so I’m told.

Coming back from Tassie in May, I couldn’t be arsed getting anything decent to eat in the closing stages of a long drive from Melbourne so decided to give the ‘Grand’ Big Mac a go. Instant regret- I felt McF**ked afterwards.

I do enjoy a quality burger every now and then, though. I recommend Paul’s Hamburgers in Sylvania for an uber-sized take on the classic Aussie hamburger, beetroot optional but required. There’s a new burger joint at Cessnock which has very good reviews; I hope to give it a go in a couple of weeks (or perhaps Radiohead could try it sooner).

1 Like

i wish the grand bigmac wasnt a limited time thing… i love the bigger burger

I might have got the price wrong. A colleague bought the sauce earlier this week and took it to work on Friday when I took the photo. $12 for the Big Mac sauce does seem to be expensive compared with sauces available on supermarket shelves.

Tried one of the Grand Big Macs, not sure what they did to it but it didn’t end well for me… Which is a shame, I like my burgers and I like them bigger.

Heard on 3AW this morning that Public Transport Victoria is to close down four kiosks on platforms of Melbourne’s Flinders Street station, as part of the station’s $100 million revamp. The kiosks in the middle of platforms 2/3, 4/5, 6/7 and 8/9, which sells hot snacks, papers, magazines and drinks, will be replaced by vending machines, while the platform 1 kiosk will stay open as it is heritage listed. 3AW breakfast actually spoke to Manny who runs the platform 1 kiosk, and he was puzzled why the four kiosks had to go.
I think this is a ridiculous decision as the platform kiosks are part of Melbourne’s transport history. You just can’t replace personalised service.

2 Likes

I was there this morning and they’ve already closed the kiosks and fenced them off. Quick work!

1 Like

I think the idea is that they take up too much space during peak periods. Platform 1’s kiosk probably isn’t too much of a problem because it’s on the edge of the station, while the other kiosks are right in the middle of a fairly narrow platform.

1 Like

Its not as if Flinders Street Station is starved for food and drink options anyway…

1 Like

anyone here been to San Antone by Bludso’s BBQ at crown melbourne? I’m coming down for a weekend in a few weeks and i’m thinking about checking it out. I haven’t had good BBQ and Soul food since i got back from washington a few years ago.

This looks wrong. I would have preferred a cheese cake.

1 Like

Speaking of Vegemite, Event and Village Cinemas now have Vegemite flavoured popcorn on sale at the candy bar for a limited time.

2 Likes

Some new promo items at Maccas this week - spicy shaker fries and nuggets, and custard pies.

5 Likes

and they said white people have no culture

7 Likes

The fries and nuggets are good, I just tried them

The Australian reports today McDonald’s Australia is phasing out plastic straws by 2020, and some people are not happy.

Look, I know it’s bad for the environment, but I prefer plastic straws.

2 Likes

Paper straws are not ok. Ban plastic if you must. But paper replacements is not the answer.

2 Likes

Slap a coffee cup style lid on the top. Problem solved.

4 Likes