Fast Food/Takeaways and Restaurants

$6 for a basic jar at Woolworths

You can get 150g jars for $3.63 at Coles.

Is KFC dropping the Zinger name for its hot and spicy chicken range? I notice it is promoting special chicken meal deals with just the words “hot and spicy” but the hot and spicy chicken burger is still called Zinger on the menu.

Has Bill Shorten made a claim on the word Zinger?

5 Likes

Hot and spicy is usually just a promo. Zinger still exists as a separate item on the website.

1 Like

Hot & Spicy should be on KFC’s menu permanently, like in QLD.

1 Like

Also permanent in WA. Weird that it’s not permanent everywhere…

2 Likes

From memory, the KFC franchises in Queensland, the Northern Territory and WA are operated by Collins Foods which may explain any slight menu variants in those markets compared to elsewhere in the country.

2 Likes

I don’t know if I’m missing something here, but I thought Zinger was Hot And Spicy?

Why are they using 2 different names for the same product?

Zinger is only used for Burgers.

2 Likes

Red Rooster opened a new store in Swan Hill VIC a few years ago … it was a restaurant only with no-drive thru - diagonally opposite the existing KFC (with drive thru).

It lasted less 12 months.

Really … who makes that sort of decision?

It did open in a mini open development next to a new ALDI and BWS.

1 Like

There’s an Red Rooster that looks like one of those 80s diners up the road and I hardly see anyone in it. Goes to show the amount of people go there…

Pascoe Vale Rd? Drive past it often, not even sure it’s open.

There’s one near me out east, drive through does a pretty good trade at lunch and dinner. Also, I think there are some Red Rooter branded concessions at the MCG with a limited menu.

Yes, it’s still open. I sometimes do through drive-thru before work.

I honestly don’t know Red Rooster is still operating. Almost every store I drive past, it’s like a ghost town. I don’t know how, but they must be still making money somewhere.

1 Like

Say what you will sbout red rooster, their chips are infinitely better than KFC’s.

6 Likes

Were we designed for each other?

1 Like

Mt Alexander Rd, Flemington. It’s like a ghost town most of the time…

Oh yeah, I’d forgotten about that one!

1 Like

My last two times of Red Rooster haven’t been pleasant. Can’t even actually remember the food.

• Last time I went was April 2, 2006 when we had a quick stop over at Brisbane Airport on the way to Cairns for our honeymoon, I asked the guy some small question about something on the menu as it was all foreign to a Tasmanian and he wasn’t the best with customer service.
  • The time before we were at one of the Victorian stores in the late 90’s early 2000’s and some bloke ran into my dad’s hire car then was about to do a runner. Have never seen dad get up and move so fast! He was out there in a flash getting the details and letting the guy know he’d been seen!

And are smart enough to sell a family size chips.