Fast Food/Takeaways and Restaurants

That’s funny :rofl:

There’s so many Schweppes varieties, I wasn’t too sure.

I was referring to the “Traditional” one, best tasting lemonade I’ve ever had (IMO).

I’m not hipster enough to be a vegan. Besides, I find it difficult to keep my food on the plate when the animals aren’t dead.

10 Likes

then coke won’t kill you

1 Like

It’s funny how some members of the public take the high moral ground on not eating meat or consuming soft drink or alcohol for health related reasons, but are quite happy to smoke pot (or take some other illicit substance) thinking that’s not going to harm them, when in reality, that’s probably worse than everything else combined.

1 Like

how good is water tho

5 Likes

Not a good week for Dominos. Customer’s private information has been stolen. Between this and the outrage over the move to Pepsi, the poor social media person’s fingers must be tired.

1 Like

Really? Can’t people, yknow, buy coke at the supermarket? It’s more expensive to buy with Dominos anyways.

And rip, I’d better change my passwords. Thanks Dominos.

I’m glad I’ve never actually created an account on the site after this :\

and agreed - I wasn’t aware so many people purchased meal deals / drinks from Dominos? Can’t say I ever have unless it’s been included in a voucher deal… then again there are also plenty of people out there that buy Dominos without using coupon codes gasp

I reckon the pizzas are nicer when you buy one without a coupon…

1 Like

I don’t get how people could buy from the Dominos site without a discount code.

I mean, it’s something ridiculous for the first pizza ($17?) followed by $12 for each pizza. Why on earth would someone buy a pizza at that price?

I’ve never touched a drop of alcohol or recreational drugs in my life (not for religious reasons or anything - I’m just not really that interested in them), yet I eat so much food that I’m probably going to get some weight loss surgery procedure done some time next year. I guess my excuse is that I don’t want to pick up any more bad habits.

4 Likes

We need a thread on alcohol consumption!

1 Like

For people to post in when they’ve had a few? That could be interesting.

I can’t find it now but I saw a report about the effects of alcohol consumption on people’s ability to walk. The results were staggering.

3 Likes

It’s why @OnAir is the bost mod here

3 Likes

I bet the people were too

2 Likes

oh yes pot, the deadliest of drugs…

7 Likes

I don’t just mean pot, but yes, there’s worse stuff than that.

This is probably a bit off topic, but actually smoking pot in the form of a joint is probably bad for the lungs, in the same way that cigarettes can cause lung cancer. Using a vaporiser is probably the safest means of inhaling it, as it doesn’t involve smoke being introduced into the lungs. Similarly, I’d imagine that edible marijuana is relatively harmless.

But then there are those people on the other end of the scale who think that marijuana literally cures cancer, and allege that it has fewer side effects than pharmaceutical stuff at treating certain conditions where scientific studies have proven that they haven’t.

For example, glaucoma. You can currently buy medication which treats glaucoma much more effectively without the significant impairment side effects of marijuana, yet these people think ‘big pharma’ is oppressing this ‘natural’ treatment which is obviously better because it comes from mother earth.

There are treatments which are showing promise, like for the treatment of seizures, but there is a significant number of brainwashed hippies who think marijuana is a panacea without any rigorous scientific backing.

I think it’s partly because the high it gives them makes them think it’s some sort of magic wonderful substance, and the whole ‘natural’ aspect adds another layer that allows them to confirm (in their minds) that it’s a panacea.

I’m all for recreational marijuana to be legalised (I believe alcohol causes a lot more of society’s ills, and marijuana is relatively harmless), but I don’t think we should be giving marijuana so much credence with regards to its medical uses, with the limited amount of scientific research that has been conducted on treatments based on marijuana.

I’ve noticed a lot of studies being published in the media recently which basically have the headline ‘MARIJUANA KILLS TESTICULAR CANCER CELLS’. Well, guess what? Hydrochloric acid kills cancer cells, too. Do we inject hydrochloric acid into patients’ veins? No. Of course not. But people will read this headline and go ‘wow! marijuana cures cancer! amazing!!!’.

4 Likes

Breathing in any smoke has just got to be bad for human lungs. I used to think that hash cookies were OK until a friend remarked that “whilst drinking water does not harm your health - drinking alcohol does - so eating fruit may be good - but hash cookies?”

I think the only two drugs that are actually good for health are coffee, tea and shiraz. And I don’t need anyone to tell me that shiraz is some type of alcohol. What rubbish. It’s a type of grape juice.

Maybe we also need a thread on drug use.

Y’all are prudes.

1 Like