Fast Food/Takeaways and Restaurants

We’re Australia’s New World City ™

Gold Coast opened the first Jersey Mikes Subs. There’s 2 on Gold Coast, 1 in Logan and 1 in Brisbane. Apparently has 1,300 stores across the US.

Gold Coast also has a Sizzler at Mermaid Beach and Pizza Hut buffet at Kirra for those coming up on holidays!

2 Likes

I’m still waiting for Mos Burger to open up a non-Queensland outlet.

1 Like

9 remain in Queensland if the website is the be believed. One in Townsville, Rockhampton, Maroochydore, Caboolture, Ipswich, Cleveland, Loganholme, Toowoomba and Mermaid Beach. There’s one in Campbelltown, and 4 around Perth (Kelmscott, Inaloo, Morley and Riverton). The last time I went to a Sizzler was in Darwin in 1997, which is long closed, located in Mitchell Street down the road from where the cinema is located.

2 Likes

Yes

1 Like

It’s funny, cause after all these years the one I went to in Perth looked exactly the same (layout and all!) as to the one I last went to in the mid-late 90s. Seems nothing has changed at all (even the whole general dining setup is pretty much the same from what I remember of it).

1 Like

Perth got California Pizza Kitchen and Freshii first. Historically Nandos, Subway and Red Rooster all started in the west.

2 Likes

I can confirm there is a Sizzler at Maroochydore

2 Likes

Taco Bell Australia: New store to open in Annerley, Brisbane

IT’S official. Taco Bell is making its Australian comeback, and its first store will be right here in Brisbane.

Collins Foods, which so far is the sole Australian franchisee, is behind the first Brisbane Taco Bell restaurant and the first in Australia since 2005.

It will open at Annerley, in Brisbane’s south, on November 4.

1 Like

I’ve never actually had proper tacos before, but I’m a fan of the breakfast wraps that Hungry Jacks and Mcdonalds make (which I understand are a breakfast burrito but called a ‘wrap’ so it doesn’t sound fattening).

I’ve never wandered into a Guzman Y Gomez for whatever reason, but I would give Taco Bell a go.

you still won’t if you go to Taco Bell. No Mexican food in Australia is ever anything close to resembling actual Mexican food.

1 Like

I just want some cheap American-style “mexican” “food”.

1 Like

you don’t want a $10 taco and a $5 Jarritos? :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

I know taco bell isn’t authentic mexican, but damnit, i want to try it!

Well in the future, Taco Bell is all that we will be eating. Be Well.

2 Likes

Taco Bell is ok but it’s super basic and cheap style food.

Dominos have a new contract with Schweppes.

Just noticed via their menu.

Goodbye to Coca-Cola from Australia’s biggest pizza chain :wave:

(KFC also use Schwepps).

1 Like

It was announced a few months ago, and in the news a couple of weeks ago when customers were whining when they suddenly were unable to buy Coca-Cola.

6 Likes

Oh okay, thank you, yeah hadn’t heard.

Also, what’s wrong with Schweppes?

All tastes the same to me.

I’m not big on sugar-loaded drinks anyway to be honest.

1 Like

Next time someone asks you for a Coke, ask them if Pepsi is okay and you’ll hear about the difference.

And by that I mean Pepsi is absolutely superior.

6 Likes