Fast Food/Takeaways and Restaurants

Did HJ RMIT already close?? I was at RMIT on Friday and I could’ve sworn that the place was busy…

Also worth noting that 7/11 at RMIT closed too. (was 2 doors from HJ)

Yes it did. I saw a notice on the doors at HJ RMIT store this morning. The store must have closed over the weekend.
The doors are already boarded up but through the glass I could see workers dismantling the kitchen inside.

1 Like

Ah damn! :frowning:

Thanks for the info though. Used to go to that place all the time.

Though on the other hand - at least there’s a Hungry Jacks now really close to Flinders St station.

The one on Swanston is closed due to MURL works.

Tried the Mighty McMuffin today. Pretty good.

Thus the new Hungry Jack’s store on Elizabeth Street close to another McDonald’s and Flinders Street station.

Felt it was related, so I thought I’d post it here:

IMG_8633

Hungry Jack’s will be reigniting their Partnership with the West Coast Eagles, returning as their new Major Sponsor in the AFL 2018 Season onwards: http://www.westcoasteagles.com.au/news/2017-08-31/hungry-jacks-back-home-at-west-coast

HJ’s and the Eagles were previously in a longstanding partnership from 1987 till 2011, when the Eagles opted for BankWest instead, which caused a sour reaction from Hungry Jack’s Management: http://www.perthnow.com.au/business/sdf/news-story/198a7e72925f830385b2d8ba6ee08351

Announcement Video:
https://youtu.be/HdfYzMDnNCY

Glad to see them back on the Guernsey and that they were able to rekindle their Partnership. :slight_smile: Hungry Jack’s logo had been on the 1992, 1994 and 2006 Premiership Guernseys. Maybe it’s the missing link to success! :blue_heart::yellow_heart::eagle::rugby_football::trophy::stuck_out_tongue:

A large number of food outlets at Adelaide Oval now only accept card payments and first time visitors are in with a shock.

4 Likes

Pretty sure the new Perth Stadium is going card only.

Great to see HJ’s back with West Coast.

4 Likes

He can get a prepaid Visa or MasterCard if he’s so paranoid.

I was back in the Melbourne CBD today and noticed McDonald’s next door to Young and Jackson’s Hotel at Swanston Street has closed, to make way for the Melbourne Metro tunnel project. What’s interesting is that the sign on the door directs people not to the store on Elizabeth Street (which is one block down along Flinders Street) but to the store at the corner of Swanston and Lonsdale streets. I wonder if the stores are run by different franchises, or if management wants to reduce overcrowding at the Elizabeth Street store.
Last week I read McDonald’s has signed a 20-year lease on a two storey building at the corner of Bourke and Russell streets which used to be a Nando’s.

I went near the space at lunchtime and noticed renovations were underway.

Third time lucky for Taco Bell?

1 Like

These fast food places seem to love Queensland and NSW.

1 Like

In my suburb too. Fuck yessss

1 Like

I thought Taco Bill was owned by Taco Bell… Whoops :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

i would guess CFG brought the master rights for australia

Taco Bell is disgusting. Given the number of Mexican takeaway places that have popped up in the last few years I think Taco Bell doesn’t stand a chance as it’s cheap and generic stuff. Although could be why they have picked those locations as there isn’t much competition for that sort of food.

I just always remember that the cheese in the US at Taco Bell was orange and just tasted fake.

I vaguely remember the last time Taco Bell was in Australia, but not enough to distinctively remember what the food was like.

TBH, I thought the only “major” takeaway chain of Mexican food in this country were those “Salsas Fresh Mex Grill” places which (here in Sydney at least) are mainly located in the food courts of Westfield shopping centres.

There’s Mad Mex, Guzman y Guzman, and Hombre.