Fast Food/Takeaways and Restaurants

https://tribcw33.files.wordpress.com/2016/04/prince-tea.gif?w=466&h=357

5 Likes

The new Domino’s branding is up on their website. It looks like I’ve taken a time warp back 20 years.

The food is presented on a white background, with a font which I swear has been used by Pizza Hut long ago.

png (1)

4 Likes

Yuck.

The branding isn’t great either.

6 Likes

“The key focus points for this new campaign will drive a quality halo for the whole brand, ensuring that as a brand Domino’s stands for more than just cheap $5 pizzas,”

Hmmm… (including the originally axed Margherita, listed as “new”). Also looks like the square “chef’s best” line has been axed.

2 Likes

Hang on, $5.95???

Last week when I ordered it was $5, unless that was on a Sunday or holiday.

Wasnt it reported the size was dropping and the price going up?

I recall reading they were being sliced from the menu.

I’ll just get my coat (hashtag Cyril)

6 Likes

“1.25L Drink” - is the Coke to Pepsi changeover that imminent that they can’t identify the brand of beverage?

$33.95 for two pizzas and they still want to charge $2.95 extra for Chicken?

Never forget

2 Likes

All of this week’s KFC Ads now have the new logo and branding, the “Dippin’ Bucket” Ad from last week still carried the now old logo despite the new look Packaging seen the Ad, the logo is no longer tilted like it was in the previous Ad, a pretty minor thing to change, not like anyone would probably notice anyway:

IMG_5175

IMG_5436

IMG_5423

A solution that will last them in the future of circle avatars! :wink: They’ve taken that solution and updated the YouTube page on Tuesday to the new logo, their Facebook and Twitter pages still have the old logo:

1 Like

Margheritagate 2K17.

Domino’s announce they’re dropping Margherita. Pizza Hut see a marketing opportunity and give away free Margheritas. Domino’s comes back and propositions customers that if they ever want the option of a Dominos Margherita ever again, they have to vote with their $.

“Australia, we’ve heard you - the Margherita is staying on the menu if you want it! Order now and save the Margherita”

So apparently it worked.

http://www.theherald.com.au/story/4834245/did-someone-say-free-pizza/?cs=2452

3 Likes

I bought some Subway last night for dinner. I was pleasantly surprised that the chain no longer uses plastic bags for their subs. They now come in a paper bag.

The less plastic in this world the better. Way to go Subway!

6 Likes

Yes, if only supermarkets would follow suit! Or perhaps Subway should force people to take their subs home in reusable bags…! :joy:

1 Like

I thought they’ve had these for years?

Here’s something that Hobart City Council are proposing as the next step now that plastic bags are gone. Plastic containers from the take away shops. This will be interesting.

1 Like

McDonald’s originally used paper and cardboard packaging, then in the 1970s changed to polystyrene due to pressure from environmentalists concerned about the destruction of trees. By the mid-1980s McDonald’s was getting pressured by environmentalists to dump polystyrene due to concerns about CFCs, so McDonald’s dumped CFCs from their polystyrene. But by the early 1990s they dumped polystyrene entirely and were back to paper packaging.

There’s a bit of a history in this book:
The Business Communication Casebook: A Notre Dame Collection.
The relevant page on Google books: https://goo.gl/1E8qZA

3 Likes

:roll_eyes:

Just goes to show that some people like to “fight” and wage “campaigns” where they seek “change”, no matter what on earth the topic is!

1 Like

My slogan for KFC:

Slow to serve, slow to digest.

5 Likes

With a quick exit.

5 Likes

I tried the new Zinger Mozzarella burger at KFC in Melbourne CBD yesterday. The burger is huge and spicy but the (fried) mozzarella was OK.

1 Like

I was in Melbourne CBD again today. As I posted elsewhere a few months ago, fast food outlets at both ends of Swanston Street have closed or are closing due to the Melbourne Metro tunnel project: Hungry Jack’s opposite RMIT and Melbourne Central, Hungry Jack’s opposite St Paul’s Cathedral and KFC two doors down all closed in the past week. McDonald’s, which is next door to Young and Jackson’s Hotel, has not put up a closure notice but I suspect it will shut its doors in the next two weeks, given the nearby Commonwealth Bank branch will close this Friday, September 1.