Fast Food/Takeaways and Restaurants

McDonald’s Queensland expansion

This year the company will spend more than $40 million building restaurants at Acacia Ridge, Augustine Heights, Ripley, North Lakes Business Park, Eagleby, Plainlands and Yarrabilba, as well as its flagship store in the Queen Street Mall.

McDonald’s this year will spend almost $25 million on refurbishing 45 restaurants across the state in partnership with its franchisees.

The refurbishments include McCafe remodels, upgrading drive-throughs and playlands, as well as new facades and interior designs.

An important addition to McDonald’s 223 restaurants in Queensland is the Queen Street Mall store on the first floor of the Pavilion building on the corner of Albert St, across from arch rivals Hungry Jack’s; … the 1000sq m space will be transformed into a 24-hour McDonald’s showpiece.

I tried the chicken Big Mac on Monday and yes it was a bit messy. It tasted like two crispy burgers bundled with the special sauce.

1 Like

I didnt think it was anything to amazing. It was nice but I kept feeling like I wish it was the beef.

When McDonald’s dumped the Heart Foundation Tick Approved Meals I thought that they had given up on any pretence that it was healthy food. But now there’s a new facade.

Sumo Salad founder and CEO Luke Baylis has put two of the 20 companies in his group into voluntary administration, in order to force several Westfield shopping centres to the negotiating table over lease payments. The two companies hold the leases over about 12 Sumo Salad outlets in Westfield centres managed by Scentre Group.

Nothing online has changed, but Subway Australia is set to get the new logo that debuted in the US back in August at the start of Rio 2016 last year. The “eat fresh.” Slogan has been dropped in favour of, “Have it your way.” Just saw an Ad on Ten in Perth for it.

Did further searching for any changes, and I saw that Shop A Docket’s Offer pictures have been updated with the new logo:

The new logo is very reminiscent of their older 1969-2002 logo:

3 Likes

I prefer the 2002 logo, to tell you the truth

1 Like

Yea I always liked the 2002 logo as it was it was the only Subway logo I’ve seen, as all the locations updated their signage. The new one is a nice little throwback, I was very surprised when it was revealed at the start of August last year, it’s a departure of their 2000s look, but a reference to their past. :slight_smile:

And their new Monogram for what it’s worth (sorry about the size):

Is the dark green the new logo? :thinking:

Doubt it. “HAVE IT YOUR WAY” is a registered trademark of the Burger King Corporation.

https://search.ipaustralia.gov.au/trademarks/mobile/view/1092403

A two second visit to Subway.com.au will reveal…

…the slogan is “My Kind of Fresh”.

1 Like

Ah ok, I was trying to think of it at the top of my head as I only saw it once this evening, though I do think Subway in America uses or used “Make it your way” or something like that.

I see they have updated it now, as that wasn’t there before. Shouldn’t be long till the whole website is updated.

1 Like

Subway UK were using “My Sub, My Way” alongside “Eat Fresh”. Not seeing the Australian commercial, it could be that they are using that as a “secondary” slogan.

Subway US current slogan is #SearchforBetter.

I feel a little sorry for the franchisees though, as they now need to spend money on changing their logo again.

Anyone in Melbourne had My Goodness pizza? (Southbank and South Melbourne).

I had one last night, and it was probably the nicest pizza I’ve had for quite a while.

Seen the UK use that subway logo on promos too.

Coca-Cola and McDonald’s giving away free cups of Coke No Sugar.

2 Likes

I had one yesterday, I didn’t think it tasted much different to Coke Zero.

I finally had a Chicken Big Mac today. While it wasn’t horrible, I personally think it would’ve benefited from the type of tasty cheese you’d get on one of the gourmet chicken burgers at Maccas.

5 Likes

Domino’s is dropping Coke for Pepsi it has been announced … but what I think has slipped past unnoticed is that some McDonald’s have been stocking Schweppes’ Cool Ridge water for a couple of years, rather than Coke’s Mount Franklin.

Wait, people buy water at Maccas? o.O

8 Likes

Cannot confirm, just bought a Fanta at maccas.

If they stock Mtn Dew then that’s a drunk man’s dream!

3 Likes