Fast Food/Takeaways and Restaurants

Interesting I just saw a commercial on tv which saying Eagle Boys has re branded to Eagle Pizzas and pointed us to this website http://eaglepizzas.com.au/about/

Are you in Bendigo?

As it looks like they only have the one store in Australia now according to that website.

No I am about roughly 200km North West of Bendigo

1 Like

Sounds like some franchises decided to go it alone with an eagle themed brand rather than join Pizza Hut.

Yeah, cause I saw there is an Eagle Pizzeria with similar branding but different colours

Pret A Manger needs to start in Australia. It will change everything.

1 Like

Jack Cowan (the billionaire owner of hungry jacks) has hit out against penalty rates again. This is why i refuse to eat there.

Wholeheartedly agree with this, though I do wonder if the failure of Starbucks in the past has scared off a lot of cafe chains like Pret A Manger from coming to Australia.

We live in a seven-day-a-week lifestyle today.

This is the crux of his argument and while he isn’t wrong about the statement, his stance about penalty rates is pretty bad.

HJs sometimes is bad, and it’s weird that the first store in Aus (Innaloo) is the worst store for service quality and overall customer satisfaction (you’d think it’s the best because of values etc etc).

The quality can change store to store, but you can’t say that a whopper is your prime option whilst blind drunk after the kick ons at your local that sells $5 pints where you’re plesantly surprised because you actually get served which was directly after going to a sundowner and getting shitfaced by drinking too much goon and playing one too many rounds of boat racing on a Tuesday night.

4 Likes

we might be moving towards a seven day lifestyle, but we still treat weekends different. most government departs are not open weekends, parliament doesn’t sit on weekends and if i called my local MP on a sunday i bet i would get an answering machine.

Weekends for me is still family time. if i am to give that up, i should be paid more.

1 Like

I wanna know who came up with this name.

The Annerley HJs here in Brisbane is fucken mint and I’d wager better than Maccas on any given day. Other places I’ve been are much more hit and miss and oftentimes I’ll find Maccas more reliable.

I notice Neil Perry’s Burger Project has opened a new store at Melbourne Central. It is located in an alley next to escalators to the upstairs food court, but behind the entrance to the underground train station, so it is not easy to find.

Re: eagle boys. I received an e-mail just before they wound up saying that my local franchise was now a Pizza Hut, and asked if I would like to join Pizza Hut mailing list. Stupidly I agreed, and now Pizza Hut spam me more than Eagle Boys ever did. However, I have recently been past my old local Eagle Boys store and it is actually a different pizza store now, so that is very dodgy by Pizza Hut head office.

McDonald’s has launched its new Chicken Big Mac and Cheeseburger flavoured Shaker Fries which will be available for a limited time. When I saw the names on LED banners at Adelaide Oval during last night’s AFL match on Seven, I thought it was a joke, until I came across the YouTube ad this morning.

1 Like

I was given the shaker fries bag last night when I got a meal but didn’t use it. I wasn’t as excited as you obviously were when you watched the ad on YouTube.

2 Likes

If you called your local MP on any day chances are you’d get that.

1 Like

Ever wondered what 130 Rand (about $13 give or take) gets you at a Pizza Shop in Durban? Well look no further. The coke is a 1 Litre bottle, the pizza is considered large but there are triple layered pizzas available, all thin crusted. The topping they call MACON I assume is either mock bacon or a meat cut like bacon.

5 Likes

Tastes better than a regular Big Mac, but the sauce, lettuce, cheese and chicken combination makes the burger very slippery and messy.

That makes me violently hungry.

2 Likes

Just tried out the chicken big mac. While it was good and all, I kind of prefer the beef version.

1 Like