Fast Food/Takeaways and Restaurants

Anyone tried ordering from McDonald’s secret menu?

1 Like

Those articles are the worst.

One of the “hacks” is a cheeseburger meal with an extra cheeseburger ffs

3 Likes

Well, I FINALLY got around to coming down to Bateau Bay on the NSW Central Coast to try Carls Jr (which is where I am right now).

Just polishing off a Super Bacon Cheese Thickburger. It’s a mouthful of a name, but then so is the burger!

It’s a very nice burger, particularly by fast food standards, for me, the bacon is “the star of the dish” (as they say on MKR). Though I took out the uncooked onion.

Chips are not so impressive, quite bland and lacking any real flavour

Score

Burger 8/10
Chips 5/10

2 Likes

I wish Wendys in the US would come here, but I know they can’t. :cry:

They’re in New Zealand, which also has Wendy’s Supa Sundaes.

1 Like

And they were also in Australia in the 80s at the same time as the other Wendys was around.

Interesting… Wonder why they divested in AU…

4 Likes

Speaking of US brands in Australia - was it always just coincidence that Donut King’s old logo was in an identical font to Dunkin Donuts?

2 Likes

Can’t say for sure but I would not be surprised if it was most likely a knockoff. Seems very common with franchise logos in the 80s/90s (the recently deceased Payless Shoes was another one, knocking off the US Payless ShoeSource logo - whom they were later purchased by before going under this year).

1 Like

I thought the same thing about the Carls Jr burger when I tried it at Brisbane airport. I didn’t like Carls Jnr in the US (it felt more like a gross Hungry Jack’s birthday over there) but here the burger was quite decent.

1 Like

went to maccas for breakfast this morning.

my local store now does full table service (order at the counter, get a buzzer. they than bring the meal to you) and the breakfast meals now include barista coffee rather than the previous cheap machine rubbish

There’s this commercial on Youtube for a chain called Dunkin’ Delicious - clearly the Australian franchise for Dunkin Donuts. It looks like it only operated out of Queensland in the late 80s. Still registered on the Australian Business Register, but I can’t find anything else about it.

1 Like

In the US, McDonald’s has introduced the “frork”, a fork with French fries as the prongs, in a mock infomercial for its gourmet burgers featuring pitchman Anthony Sullivan. When I first saw it I thought it was April Fool’s Day joke coming one month late.
http://www.cnbc.com/2017/05/01/mcdonalds-invents-the-frork-to-pitch-its-new-burgers.html

Looks like the Eagle Boy’s brand is now dead with it now officially trading as Pizza Hut.

Although according to a text I just got my local store and another one has re-branded to Eagle Pizzeria. http://www.eaglepizzeria.com.au/

4 Likes

McDonald’s UK is getting criticised for this television commercial, where a son is grieving for his recently deceased father, and the mother takes him to McDonald’s to cheer him up.

They should be more concerned that its a stupid ad nevermind the dead dad part :roll_eyes:

My local Maccas has changed out the CYT square signage on the big m pole and replaced it with McCafe drive thru signage. Personally would have thought they would either go back to “Breakfast 6am” or “open 24 hrs”

Yeah those 24hr ones were handy to know the ones that closed at 11.

Dad had been dead for years. The outrage should be over how shit the ad is.

3 Likes