Fast Food/Takeaways and Restaurants

Mixed news for McDonald’s Create Your Taste menu. While it has been quietly axed in the US, Create Your Taste will be available in all McDonald’s stores in Hong Kong from next week after a limited launch last year (under the name “My Signature Collection”). It will also be expanded in Australia from today, with a new range of six burgers and a salad called Gourmet Creations sold in all restaurants including those where CYT is not available.

For me can’t beat Grilled Masters from HJ’s. McDonalds I don’t mind as it’s close to where I live and I do love their cheeseburgers and frappes. My family plus one of my best mates loves KFC so I only eat it when they do.

Hasn’t it been quietly axed here too?

Still there when I was there last.

Doesn’t seem to be any mention of it on their website.

Nah m8 it’s there been there today ay

The McDonald’s video menu boards now have a black background. I’ve noticed that the Garlo’s Pies have been withdrawn from the two stores at Sutton Forest on the Hume Motorway, and from some of the Canberra stores but I did see them still at Charnwood.

1 Like

Sunrise in particular had a very biased segment on their show about this. While Grill’d and the other other Gourmet burger chains have burgers that are much higher in fat and calories then a Big Mac however Grill’d for one has healthier options as well which was not mentioned in the Sunrise segment for one.

1 Like

Word is it’s going here too, these new gourmet burgers are replacing it

That’s what I thought. Maybe some franchisees will keep it going if it’s been working well for them, considering the investment they would’ve put into it in the first place.

Whenever I’ve ordered something on Create Your Taste I’ve always had a good 10-15minute wait for it to come out. So whilst I have no issue to pay a bit extra to customise it myself the wait is what gets me. Although apparently the most likely reason I have such a long wait is because I usually choose a salad instead of fries and apparently that is rare and a lot of the staff aren’t used to preparing the salads. :laughing:

1 Like

You can order a salad off the regular menu, so would that also take 10mins+?

3 Likes

My sister who works at a McDonalds (although one in a shopping centre so it doesn’t have create your taste) seems to think that salads are ordered so rarely that a lot of the staff often don’t know what to do or aren’t used to people ordering them. The last time that I ordered a salad instead of fries off the normal menu the guy at the register had to go grab someone else to ask how he does it all in the system.

We all know the salad options are there to make Maccas look healthier overall but how many people actually order them? Not a lot.

2 Likes

Went to KFC in Kelvin Grove at 9pm last night… no Krushits, no burgers. Just popcorn chicken.

I mean, come on…

1 Like

Sounds about right.

I bet the frozen Pepsi machine was in defrost mode too.

2 Likes

Would they put some popcorn chicken in some burger buns?

When our local Red Rooster ran out of chicken a few years back, it made the local paper!

4 Likes

You dodged a bullet.

No I didn’t, had popcorn chicken.

1 Like

I don’t think there’s been official word on this but I have heard off some people who work there that apparently McDonald’s are planning to slowly phase out the Create Your Taste. Even shopping centre Maccas that still never got Create Your Taste it are getting these new 6 gourmet burger things so it looks like this could be the replacement across the board. I’ve heard Create Your Taste has become really expensive for McDonalds to keep going.

1 Like