Fast Food/Takeaways and Restaurants

The more the better, Hungry Jacks and McDonalds have had a duopoly for way too long. Choice is good and it will force especially Hungry Jacks to get with the times. After trying In-N-Out when I was in Los Angeles I wouldn’t bother waiting 6 hours.

1 Like

Good news for my waistline - there are no Hungry Jacks or McDonalds in easy driving distance. :laughing:

Well I just got back from NZ last week had Carl jnr a burger forgot the name was kinda like the whopper very nice I liked it. Chips not that much. And ew at chocolate covered chips really!

Glad I don’t watch much free to air TV these days because this new ad for KFC would likely do my head in if I watched it too often. Not only is the song a painful ear worm but I can’t figure out why the duck is advertising chicken. I suppose the main thing is Daryl will be topping up his superannuation by allowing the use of Plucka.

https://www.heyhey.tv/video/plucka-takes-kfc/

I thought EXACTLY the same thing when I first heard about the chocolate covered chips! Yuck!

Even more so now after having tried the cheesy bacon covered chips at McDonalds a few weeks ago… Looked very tempting in the ad, but as is so often the case, the taste failed to live up to the expectation. It looked very messy in reality and just didn’t work.

Fresh cooked fries without salt is very similar to a plain baked or fried waffle. So I can see how this works. The amount of people who bought fries and a plain sundae to dip them in when I was a HJ kid was huge.

Chocolate covered chips? No thanks!

Also, I haven’t tried the cheesy bacon covered chips and McDonalds and have no plans to. From what I’ve seen, they’d be better if they used actual cheese rather than cheese sauce and real bacon instead of fake bacon.

Fries dipped in Ice Cream ?? :open_mouth:

Oh well, each to their own… I’ve never tried it, I guess I can’t knock it if I haven’t tried it.

haha yeah, all the cool kids are doing it (errm did it).

I had Red Rooster for the first time in a very long time for lunch today - pissy little leg of chicken. Does anyone else think their chicken portions are too small? Or is it just me?

That’s why you buy a Rooster Roll.

or don’t eat meat

The amount of chicken would be even smaller if he did that.

The correct meal is the rippa sub with chips. Noms

Red Rooster isn’t a pinch on what it was years ago. I avoid at all costs

1 Like

And when did you know the amount of food I eat? :laughing:

Was it Red Rooster that did the huge steak aioli rolls? Those were sensational.

Or was it Oporto? Or both?

Well I could be wrongly assuming that when you buy legs of chicken that you do so with the intent to eat it. I suppose there are other things you can do with chicken legs, so my apologies for rushing to judgement.

At the time, I hadn’t had breakfast, and was looking forward to a decent quarter chicken…not the crappy, pissy little leg they gave me. Half of which was stuffing - which I hate with a passion.

Don’t apologise - I took it as a joke. :wink:

Helen Wellings reported tonight on Carl’s Jnr opening in NSW next Tuesday and that they are now scoping locations for Perth. Seems WA will be the next market for Aus.

Wouldn’t be surprised with the amount of Red Rooster/Chicken Treat stores getting less and less, I think they will open the first Carls Jr in WA at an old RR/CT location like what both Zambrero, Oporto and Krispy Kreme have done.

1 Like